IGNORED

RKA Tankbags

romes

Anyone have any information on RKA Tankbags. They appear to be made well and the price is low. I am looking for a relatively small bag that expands.

Although I have never had the pleasure of owning one of their products, I can say that the owners are awesome people.

I have been to their shop and riden with them. They are truly wonderful people who care about their product AND the people who use them.

This, IMHO, goes a very long way toward the selection of a product for personal use.

I have their small tank bag and love it, great price and great product. The lady I talked to was very pleasent and helpful. Get the raincover though, I definitly find myself using it more often than not, whether it be rain or a heavy mist or dew in the morning. Next I will buy their saddlebags.

russell_bynum

Awesome product!!!

I've got an RKA tankbag and matching tail bag on the Tuono and could not be more pleased. Build quality is excellent, it's got some very well thought-out pockets stuff in the top, installation was easy, etc.

I also had a set of their saddlebags on the bike when I crashed back in June. The bags were well used when I got them, and still survived the impact/slide.

Here's a shot of the tailbag and tankbag on the Tuono. As you can see, the tailbag is fully expanded, but the tankbag is not. (I didn't need the extra space on that trip.

IMG_0458.jpg

This provided enough space for my Gerbings, hoon cooler, extra gloves, chain lube, misc tools, 3 days worth of clothes, an SLR camera, FRS radio, iPod, Autocom, etc.

I have their 16 liter RearSeat/Rack bag. It's not cheap at ~$82, but it is very well made, holds plenty of gear, and the expansion design is ingenious.

Mine came w/ the rain cover....

Awesome product!!!

Ditto what Russell said. If you check out the RKA web page for Tuono pictures that's my red '05 at the top. The side bags have been bounced down goat trails and are rock solid. Richard and Kathy are great people, too.

K^2

They are well made and as was reported above, the owners are great people. Last year I called them to place a small order for an extra harness or something like that and they actually had my original order still on record. I didn't remember how long ago it was but they were able to tell me. Anyway, I have a large expandable model, w/o the side pouches, and it's been great. I switch it between the RT and my R75. The expandability is a nice feature as is the removable map holder.

Archived