IGNORED

Which power outlet

romes

1) Does it matter which power outlet I use to plug in heated clothes while riding or battery tender while parked ?

2) Also, my dealer told me that I should only use the "high" setting for grips just to start, then I should switch to the lower setting while riding. Any comments ?

Both outlets are 'common' so it does not matter which one you put the battery tender on. However the heated gear might draw too much for that circuit.

Not sure about the heated grips though - I only use the low if I need them but thats only because thats all the heat I've needed

I use a battery tender so I have an SAE plug hooked directly to the battery. I have both Gerbings and Widder heated vests, each has the SAE plug, and I also plug them into the BMW outlets. I run my GPS and heated grips both while using the vests. Since I have the options to use either connection point I do so without any concern for power draw. No problems have every shown up in either scenario.

2) Also, my dealer told me that I should only use the "high" setting for grips just to start, then I should switch to the lower setting while riding. Any comments ?
Yeah, I have a comment - That's absurd.

Set the heat on the grips how ever they best make your hands feel. That's what they're there for.

I plug my Gerbing liner into one outlet. The missus plugs her liner and gloves into the other. I, the missus and the bike are doing just fine. I plug my battery tender into the outlet as well. Niether the bike nor the tender has complained about that either.

I switch straight to low and it seems to work just fine. I suppose switching to high first will get the grips warm faster, but if it is that cold I would want them on high anyway.

yankee Dog

Archived