IGNORED

Dunlop Trailmax D607 for 12GS

Miriam

Do you get the same tires over there that we do here?

Most 12GS are sold with either Michelin Anakee, Metzeler Tourance or now Dunlop Trailmax D607. I bought mine with the Anakee, and have now finished my second set, but am thinking about getting the Dunlops.

Anybody here use them? Good/bad? Or have a strong preference for any of the others?

Hi Miriam,

I've used the first two as well as bridgstones on my 12GS. Prefer the tourance but they are similar. Have not seen the dunlops. wave.gif

The Dunlops were the OEM on my bike. They were OK for pavement, but pretty poor off the pavement. The rear lasted about 6,000 miles. The front lasted longer, but it wore unevenly and the vibration and falling into turns became really annoying a short time later. I've got Tourances now and like them much better than the Dunlops.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence when it comes to the Dunlops... I absolutely LOVED them! Super sticky, and great in the pouring rain. I even did a track day on them, doing knee-down silliness, and they worked killer. Just like a sportbike tire. When they were done in about 7k miles, I got new ones.

UKGSer.com has loads of people talking about tires, and the 607's are brought up quite a bit.

When the rear wore down, I did notice some minor vibrations from the tread blocks, but it never bothered me, and it never was uncomfortable. They were just as sticky when they were completely worn, as they were when they were new.

If I had another GS, it would be the only tire for me.

I rode my friend's GS which was shod with the Tourance's. That tire seems to last longer, but isn't as sticky or as confidence inspiring. But that's my opinion.

I'm a really aggressive rider, and the 607's worked great for me.

Good luck!

The Dunlops were the OEM on my bike. They were OK for pavement, but pretty poor off the pavement. The rear lasted about 6,000 miles. The front lasted longer, but it wore unevenly and the vibration and falling into turns became really annoying a short time later. I've got Tourances now and like them much better than the Dunlops.

I agree 100%. Same exact situation here.

Get anything BUT the Dunlop D607's.

Jim cool.gif

The Dunlops were OEM on my GS as well. I gave them 1500 miles. Greasey feeling, not confidence inspiring at all. Switched them out for a set of Anakees. I really like the Anakee for the street and the occasional dirt road that I take. Some cast wheels shod with Pilot Roads for track days would be nice. cool.gif

Archived