IGNORED

Topcase backrest

BluegrassPicker

BluegrassPicker

Anyone have opinions on these? Do they offer any benefit or is the passenger leaning too far forward to care? I am thinking of getting one. The Cee Baileys one looks good.

I assume you are talking about a backrest for the factory topcase. If so, whatever you do, don't get the factory backrest, it's so thin rendering it almost useless. I have a Sargent backrest and it works well, don't know 'bout the Cee Bailey. You may also want to consider looking at the backrest made by Russell (Day-Long saddle maker).

The factory backrest pad is well-made, but it is thin and IMHO not very comfortable for the money. We sell a lot of the Cee Baily pad at our dealership.

You can make your own. I took a piece of wood, cut it to size (12 X 12 inches) with curves on top and bottom that mimic the factory back rest. Glued a piece of heavy foam (1/2 inch) and covered it with black faux leather vinyl. My wife loves it, in comparison to the factory back rest.

The missus has used the backrest on the stock BMW topcase and the Givi backrest on our new gigantor E52. She has not complained about either. It is not as comfortable as a Wing, but then the RT is not a Wing.

Yankee Dog

Today was my wifes first outing on the new bike. We have the 49l topcase and she had no complaints after and afternoon of riding. She's not a leaner, she likes a backrest. Her only comment was that the top case moves more than the fender mounted barckrest on the old Victory.

The 49l holds a lot of stuff too!

BluegrassPicker

Thanks for the responses, I have the 33 liter topcase. She has also requested lower passenger foot pegs. Anyone have these on their bike?

We have the standard backrest but I have added a sheepskin cover from the same people I bought the seat covers from. That has made the pad thicker, softer and more comfortable (according to she who uses it smile.gif )

Archived