IGNORED

Article on deer collisions

Lawman

Ahem....

90% of my road feer grin.gif is deer..... hit 3 on two wheels and 2 on four wheel... so far.... bncry.gif

3. You can't dodge em. They run into stopped vehicles.

One of my favorites - The Lawn Tractor lmao.gifhttp://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119570&page=3

My bike is practically stored until mid December, after the rut season, and all the leaves are down (so you can see the dumb forest Kamikazes coming eek.gif)

Calvin  (no socks)

Last year when leaving the Hill Country gathering at 3:00 am, I saw many on the side of I-10... So many in fact, I shut off my driving lights and shadowed a Semi rig into San Antonio... I realized that I could smell the deer when the fear subsided... thats how many there were... dopeslap.gif

I've been told that following another vehicle is not a good

way to avoid deer. The deer see the front vehicle then run out after the lights have past attempting to go behind it. This is also why deer often hit the side of a vehicle. They don't realize those bright lights are attached to something as big as a car, or have a motorcycle following close behind.

Can someone please share with me when deer rut season usually is?

I live in the northeast. I usually don't get much of an opportunity to ride DEC->MAR due to ice, salt and sand on the roads. Should I also not ride in Nov due to deer rut season?

By the way... I've seen dozens of deer near the road in the past couple of weeks. Hum... dopeslap.gif Maybe that answers my question.

I live in the northeast. I usually don't get much of an opportunity to ride DEC->MAR due to ice, salt and sand on the roads. Should I also not ride in Nov due to deer rut season?

Given my track record, I prefer taking the snow/ice risk over the deer risk during the rut season dopeslap.gif. Being able to see through the woods has huge safety benefits, not just for deer either. Winter is one of my favorite times of year to ride Clicky.

These stats should improve your odds...., they're about the same for any state in northern part of the country: Months, Time and Time

I've been told that following another vehicle is not a good

way to avoid deer. The deer see the front vehicle then run out after the lights have past attempting to go behind it. This is also why deer often hit the side of a vehicle. They don't realize those bright lights are attached to something as big as a car, or have a motorcycle following close behind.

By the way... I've seen dozens of deer near the road in the past couple of weeks. Hum... dopeslap.gif Maybe that answers my question.

Rut in Illinois is usually around the middle of November. However, bucks start chasing doe's a couple of weeks before that. In addition, does that do not get bred in November come back into heat a month later. This is known as the "second rut".

Given my track record, I prefer taking the snow/ice risk over the deer risk during the rut season dopeslap.gif. Being able to see through the woods has huge safety benefits, not just for deer either. Winter is one of my favorite times of year to ride Clicky.

These stats should improve your odds...., they're about the same for any state in northern part of the country: Months, Time and Time

Thanks for those time/date links

Archived