IGNORED

Spidi jackets

shinybower

My experience with Spidi are leathers only. I found them to be well made-high quality leather and superior stitching. Ten years ago they had less competition so their high pricing was OK for the quality.

Negatives-leathers are slim cut. I actually tried to find a retailer (CA-San Francisco area) 2 years ago for this exact jacket since I was pleased with their quality. No luck. If I can't try it on, it's a no go, especially at $450. At Motonation's prices, I would probably chance the next size up. Again, quality is very good and these are popular in europe.

Good luck.

I'll confirm they run small and should definitely be tried on before purchasing. I'm a 40R and I could barely fit in a Spidi Netstep 365 H2OUT size Large my dealer had in stock. I didn't buy it, but it was a high quality jacket and would definitely consider it, if I needed that style jacket.

I've been thinking of buying one of those myself. I bid on one of the ones they put on eBay, but didn't win.

I have a Spidi 2-piece leather set which I really like too.

You'll find that the two guys over at ADVrider that have admiral suits really like them too.

Hi. Call :

Paul Eddy, Spidi Brand Manager, Motonation

Phone (619) 401-4107

I bought the same jacket at the beginning of 2006. Went with a size XL. I'm 5'10", 190 lbs, normal build for an IT geek. Jacket fits well, but tight if I have a sweater. Very loose if the thermal and rain liners out. Good for 80 degrees down to 32 degrees. I'm a 44R in suits. Very happy with my leathers, and am equally happy with the jacket. Too bad they discontinued them for the new range.. excellent deal. thumbsup.gif

My Spidi "Basic Black" leather jacket fits me, two sizes larger than I normally wear. I couldn't find a place to try one on anywhere. I discussed this with Paul at Motonation, and he sent me two!! I kept the one that fit, and sent the other one back. Very happy with the quality. dwillie.

Archived