IGNORED

1992 K75S luggage - waterproof?

Officer_Impersonator

Officer_Impersonator

I just acquired a '92 K75S. Curious if anyone has any experience with the stock BMW luggage leaking? Should I seek out waterproof bag liners? All I plan on keeping in the luggage is the rain gear, gloves, etc. when not in use, but it would be a shame if everything got wet just sitting in the luggage.

TIA for sharing your experiences and advice!

In heavy rain they may leak a bit. Not neccessarily bag liners, but if you have some things you don't want to get moist, put them in a plastic bag.

I get the question often from customers if this or that is waterproof on the bike. My answer is that if you ride at 75 mph that is hurricane wind speed. Nothing is guaranteed waterproof in a hurricane wink.gif

russell_bynum
In heavy rain they may leak a bit. Not neccessarily bag liners, but if you have some things you don't want to get moist, put them in a plastic bag.

I get the question often from customers if this or that is waterproof on the bike. My answer is that if you ride at 75 mph that is hurricane wind speed. Nothing is guaranteed waterproof in a hurricane wink.gif

Right.

I seem to recall a teeny bit of water seeping in around the rivets on the latch that holds the bags to the bike. But again...that's at speed in a driving rain.

Officer_Impersonator

Thanks for the suggestions - I'm so excited to get off the bus and on the bike for my daily commute! I hate the bus!!!!

BMW cases on my 91 K75 did not leak ever. I still put things I didn't want to get wet in plastic bags just in case. Rode in a lot of rain over the years, no leaks.

Archived