IGNORED

Silly question maybe...

NeverWashItJim

NeverWashItJim

I picked up my new-to-me 02 K1200RS earlier this month and it's almost perfect -- but what's up with that horn? Meep, meep. Excuse me, please don't hit me. That's not a horn, it's a kazoo. What happened to the rich, mellow tones of my 92 K100RS? It's like I went from Corey Flintoff to Pee Wee Herman.

Can anyone recommend something a little more dignified without going all the way to the air-horn blast I hear from time to time?

A pair of Fiamm Freeway Blasters makes the RS sound like a grown-up motorcycle rather than an anemic juvenile Vespa. It took a little twisting and bending on the brackets to make things fit without hitting anything, but they're not too difficult to install.

Also Fiamm Blasters here, but with a home made bracket. First is held by the single stock bolt, and second held by the home-made bracket attached to the first horn. Hope this makes sense.

NeverWashItJim

Thanks for the advice everyone. Part of this weekend will be dedicated to acquiring Fiamm Blasters.

Thanks for the Stebel suggestion, Rick, but "Don't press the horn button in the garage, it hurts! At 139dB it can be heard for almost 3 city blocks! YEEEOOOWWW!" sounds like a bit much for my purposes.

Pep Boys has them - if you go that route, be sure and check the package and make sure the bracket, nuts, etc. are in there. Maybe it's a So Cal problem, but those necessary bits and pieces seem to be missing from the packages a big percentage of the time! blush.gif

Archived