IGNORED

Northeast Tech Days EXCELLENT

rocks

Paul,

Great thanks to you and Suzanne what a fantastic weekend I had. Got every thing done that I wanted and felt that I was able to help others quite abit on Sunday... even if one of them had to be interupted to play host! Sorry to hear about your quick disconnect breaking.

I think 21 bikes showed up... not bad considering the wind and temps.

And next time we tour northern CT it really should be on the bikes... wink.gif

Overall it was a productive day. I really enjoyed talking to everyone.

Gerard, thanks so much for fixing my headlight switch and the advice about the dielectic grease.

Bruce, thanks for all the help with the valves and the TB sync. I don't think the bike has run better since I've owned it. Thanks also to Steve and everyone else who lent a hand during those tasks.

I also want to thank everyone who picked my poor bike bncry.gif (and me) up off the ground after that rogue gust of wind blew the tents at us. I'm glad my cases were off and I had the valve cover protectors. The only damage was to my mirror.

Last time it was rain, this time it was wind. Paul, please let us know if you host another Tech Daze, if there is any history of seismic or geothermal activity in East Granby. Seriously, Paul and Suzanne, thanks so much for having us. It is much appreciated by all.

Mike.

Thanks for hosting Paul. Please extend our collective thanks to Suzanne for putting up with us clowns. It was good to put faces to avatars and meet new friends!

I agree, the Tech session was a great time. I wish I could have stayed longer and completed some more electrical work for folks... next time. The ride home was much less windy than the ride out!

Thanks to all who had a hand in putting this together! clap.gif

another David

What a great day! The wind on the ride down was brutal -- I honestly thought about turning around and heading home not 15 miles into the 90-mile ride -- but I'm glad I persevered. It was great to put faces with screen (and street) names, sometimes more successfully than other (Mike, I think I called you Ken all day long; I'm sorry about that).

The word "thanks" is underpowered and overused, but here goes:

- First and foremost, thanks to Paul and Suzanne for hosting and feeding us. I've seldom been made to feel so welcome in a stranger's home. The lasagna was delicious.

- To Armando, who I believe had a role in helping pull this together.

- To Gerard, for his help getting my Run-N-Lites and HyperLites installed. (On this morning's commute, I had a noticeably larger cushion behind me -- and this was in daylight. I highly recommend rear running lights.)

- To Bruce for teaching me how to do a thorough TBS (clean the BBS? Who knew?), and for demystifying the process.

I hope to hook up with you folks another time, I dunno, maybe on a motorcycle ride or something....

Until then, ride safe!

Great day Paul and Armando. Thank you for planning such a well run and well planned day. Sorry the wind knocked over the tents and a bike. Glad no one was hurt or bike damaged.

Certainly one of the great things about this board is the genreosity of its members to help other members to work on their bikes. I was very fortunate that members pitched in and helped me wire up my fuse panel. And, judging from the body plastic unbuttoned off of machines it appeared that many others got their projects done as well.

The 150 mile ride back to NYC had all the high gusting wind one could hope for. I'm already looking forward to the next event in the spring.

Francis

I too, would like to thank all of you for welcoming me. While I awaite delivery of my first BMW, and this my first Tech Daze, I felt overwhelmed with the frendship. You see, Susan and I have been riding solo for the last ten years. We never went to any events. Since I decided to purchase a BMW I have discovered a group that is most welcoming. It is a very good feeling. I hope to see as many of you again as possible. Thank you all for the information shared.

Mike I help pick up your bike. I was most concerned for you! Good to know all is well.

Paul, Armado, Bruce, Suzzane - thanks seems to come up short!

Best regards,

Ron Boudreau

MrBee

I too, would like to thank all of you for welcoming me. While I awaite delivery of my first BMW, and this my first Tech Daze, I felt overwhelmed with the frendship. You see, Susan and I have been riding solo for the last ten years. We never went to any events. Since I decided to purchase a BMW I have discovered a group that is most welcoming. It is a very good feeling. I hope to see as many of you again as possible. Thank you all for the information shared.

This just warms my heart and it's why we're here! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it this time, but it sounds like everyone had a great time--despite the wind! dopeslap.gif

Thanks to Paul and Suzanne for stepping up and to Armando and the others who chipped in to make the day a success! I hope to meet you all someday--perhaps at the UnRally-VI in West Virginia!! clap.gif

Francis...

Did you get your lights done? If so were you able to light up the road eek.gif?... and by that I mean the entire road from Granby to NYC!!! That was a really nice job well thought out...

Overall it was a productive day. I really enjoyed talking to everyone.

Gerard, thanks so much for fixing my headlight switch and the advice about the dielectic grease.

Bruce, thanks for all the help with the valves and the TB sync. I don't think the bike has run better since I've owned it. Thanks also to Steve and everyone else who lent a hand during those tasks.

I also want to thank everyone who picked my poor bike bncry.gif (and me) up off the ground after that rogue gust of wind blew the tents at us. I'm glad my cases were off and I had the valve cover protectors. The only damage was to my mirror.

Last time it was rain, this time it was wind. Paul, please let us know if you host another Tech Daze, if there is any history of seismic or geothermal activity in East Granby. Seriously, Paul and Suzanne, thanks so much for having us. It is much appreciated by all.

Mike.

I agree, the Tech session was a great time. I wish I could have stayed longer and completed some more electrical work for folks...

Doesn't ANYone have any pictures of any of this work that was done, or even just of the location / host/ess humble abode? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Boy, it seems the west coast is putting the east coast to shame in that respect - hehehe. eek.giftongue.giflmao.gif

“Doesn't ANYone have any pictures of any of this work that was done, or even just of the location / host/ess humble abode?

Boy, it seems the west coast is putting the east coast to shame in that respect - hehehe. ”

Hey we only had 20 or so people you really don’t expect any pictures… I mean it wasn’t like we had as many as the west coast

“By the way, there are 29 motorcycles here!! Yes, there is no typo here, 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are missing out if you are reading this!!!!!! Update: 35 bikes! ”

Oh I don't think we missed out... just missed the people

But then again our morning started out like this here ….

“Good Morning

38 F and very windy here! Gonna be a lot of turbulence, better take some dramamine

To everyone else traveling, be safe and make sure you're strapped on ”

And not like the No Cal…

“Well, the day broke with a gorgeous sunrise, no wind, no clouds, and a forecast of perfect 78 degree weather!”

I mean who wouldn't ride when its like that!! jeesh grin.gif

“I hope to meet you all someday--perhaps at the UnRally-VI in West Virginia!! ”

Jamie there was some discussion about that!!!

Actually I think with all the IT gurus on this board that the next time we schedule two tech days for the same day that we need to set a video link thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.gif

And I do believe that one or two pictures were taken grin.gifgrin.gif

Pictures and writeup are on their way. I need to upload Armando's pictures to my website too.

Technically, the Tech Daze aren't done yet as Woodie needs to install his tire tomorrow night and I'm waiting for parts to repair a snapped dopeslap.gif fuel line quick disconnect.

Geez... and I'm always being told that we Northeasterners are the pushy ones. wink.gif

Here are a few shots for everyone. More to come.

Initial Pictures from the Tech Daze

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!!!! Thanks, SAMSAR!! cool.gif

Actually I think with all the IT gurus on this board that the next time we schedule two tech days for the same day that we need to set a video link.
That is an AWESOME idea! And you'd think we would have the expertise to pull it off, huh?? I know I'M not the one to handle that part--I'm barely a competant wrench and I shouldn't be trusted with 1000's of dollars worth of video equipment. I'd love to someday learn to video all this Tech Stuff for all the folks who don't feel they can make a TechDaze in person somewhere.
I know I'M not the one to handle that part--I'm barely a competant wrench and I shouldn't be trusted with 1000's of dollars worth of video equipment. I'd love to someday learn to video all this Tech Stuff for all the folks who don't feel they can make a TechDaze in person somewhere.

Ahh, it's no big deal, web cams are a piece of cake! thumbsup.gif

Shoot, if we had to, we could probably even hook up someone's helmet / bike cam for continuous play AND recording capabilities. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I am in the process of downloading the pictures I took and sending on to Samsar. My PC, however, is acting up. Time for an upgrade.

I have already mentioned to Samsar that if he hosts another session, I will dedicate my time to snaping pictures. If we do endup setting up a live video broadcast, I would be happy to help as well. I have to tell you, there were some pretty nice setups on the bikes that showed up. We have to get a picture of Spyder's Valentine in-dash setup. Or DiggerJim's wireless helmet stop light. I think my wife is going to ban Tech Daze sessions for me! grin.gif

I would have pictures except that my camera battery was dead! I know I saw a few photos being snapped, so....
another David

Shoot, if we had to, we could probably even hook up someone's helmet / bike cam for continuous play AND recording capabilities. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

But then where would you put your cat?

Sean, you and I need to talk! thumbsup.gif

lmao.gif

On HIS helmet... thumbsup.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Sean, you and I need to talk! thumbsup.gif

We can do that! thumbsup.gif

I was thinking about buying one of those helmet cam set-ups for like $100 or something and then just rigging my Sony Handycam to it using the audio / video cables that come with it - like the one's you plug into the TV to prescreen what you recorded (now why didn't I buy that again..., oh yeah, my head gasket blew - lol). eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Where there's a will there's a way! smile.gif

OK, I think this event is almost over. (Still need Samsar's quick-connect parts)

I stopped by, and Samsar, Armando and I were able to remove my not-so-clean front wheel, and put on a new tire. THANKS!

I think I might be able to keep my title as the last to leave all his TechDaze!

Here's the proof: AftertheTechDay.jpg

(Note the limited edition sticker)

Whoa, what a great Techdaze as discribed and thanks SAMSAR for the foto layout. Seems that you guys didn't lack for room. Tech guestion.... Are those Propane Satalite Dishes for video feed.

Rocks, I did not get the lights wired up. I got the fuse block done and started to lay out the wiring for the lights but did not get them installed. It started to get dark and I had a long ride back to New York City so I did not finish the job.

I now know how to wire up the lights and wish I had them on the ride home. Half way home it got cold, very dark and extreemly windy with very high gusts. Fortunately the reflective material on the side cases and the reflective vest I wear alerted the car traffic to my presence so I had enough room to be blown around a bit and not run into many traffic problems.

I hope all the other Tec Daze around the country this fall had as much fun as we did at ours.

Francis

Here are a few shots for everyone. More to come.

Initial Pictures from the Tech Daze

Hi Everyone,

I put some more pictures out on the website including:

1. Armando's pictures

2. MOS's pictures

3. Woodie doing his tire change last Wednesday. No pictures of Armando here but he gets the credit for figuring out the trick to getting the second half of the tire back onto the rim. thumbsup.gif

4. A couple pictures of my broken Fuel Line Connector that Rocks requested.

Just click on the link above again. thumbsup.gif

I still hope to do a formal write up and may have an opportunity on the plane tonight.

DiggerJim... I am in Kansas City this week but will be able to drop off your tire changer, balancer, twinmax etc... this weekend if you are around. By the by, I added smaller tube extensions to your twinmax so it would fit the TB's better... I thought I was doing something wrong before but it works beautifully now.

I also ordered a set of speedbleeders. I really just needed one for the clutch line but ended up just buying them all. I will do that this weekend too.

Then, I just need to replace the air filter. Can anyone tell me where I can get BMW OEM Air filters online for a good price???

Cheers!

I finally got a chance to do a real good cleaning on the garage last weekend and found a power strip that I don't recognize. It's gray/silver in color. Anyone claim it?

Thanks, Paul

Archived