IGNORED

Sebring Y pipe

Byrdguy

I have an R1150R and was thinking of installing one of these pipes. (using the stock muffler). Has anyone done this or have any experience with the sebring pipe. Does it do anything other than save a few pounds? I have a Techlusion so I can tune the fuel delivery, if necessary. Claims of "snappier" throttle response and throatier sound are made.

ShovelStrokeEd

Unless, for one reason or another, the catalytic converter on your machine has failed, I can see no good reason to install one. Even there, used exhaust systems are available (www.beemerboneyard.com). If you want a throatier sound, you can do that with an aftermarket can and still keep your bike green. I'm in a bit of glass house here as my 1100S and my Guzzi LeMans both have aftermarket cans on them with no cat on the S either. Come to think of it, there is no longer a cat on my 1100RS either but it does have a VFR pipe on it and is not by any means loud. I guess you could say I have both feet firmly planted in mid-air, as usual.

I have an R1150R and was thinking of installing one of these pipes. (using the stock muffler). Has anyone done this or have any experience with the sebring pipe. Does it do anything other than save a few pounds? I have a Techlusion so I can tune the fuel delivery, if necessary. Claims of "snappier" throttle response and throatier sound are made.

I have one on my 04 GS Adv. It saves 10lbs or so and helps the tranny run cooler. I use the stock muffler and the noise is only sightly louder. You also get access to your lower tranny drainplug (the one with the magnet).

It won't make your bike run any better, 10 lbs. worth of weight loss you'll never be able to tell, there has never been a documented case of heat induced transmission failure, you'll be a bit poorer and contribute more to noise and air pollution. So why?

Archived