IGNORED

Baehr intercom 3.5 mm radio input cable

RSL

This is the cable that connects a radio, MP3, Ipod, etc. to the intercom system. It has a standard jack on one end and the 3.5 mm plug on the other.

Does Radio Shack or other electronic supplier sell the 3.5 mm 3 pin adapter, for do-it-yourself projects?

Get the 3 pin to mini jack adapter from Baehr. Once you have that, you can get the converter from 2.5 to 3.5 from Radio Shack.

That's what I am using currently. At least until my latest wiring project is complete!! thumbsup.gif

Get the 3 pin to mini jack adapter from Baehr. Once you have that, you can get the converter from 2.5 to 3.5 from Radio Shack.

That's what I am using currently. At least until my latest wiring project is complete!! thumbsup.gif

Thanks, Phil

I have an old Baehr Genio AV13 intercom but no way yet to plug in a Walkman, etc. for music or radio. Baehr USA wants ~$25-30 for what is essentially an adapter plug. I'd hoped to find a simple adapter at Radio Shack, or maybe I could just cut the 3.5 mm plug off my old Baehr unit, and spice in a standard stereo jack of the sort that every earplug headset has.

Before I cut or mess with the stock Baehr, though, I need to know more about which wire and pin does what. Any ideas?

And, what's your latest wiring project? My electrical knowledge goes about as far as flashlight circuits (sometimes). Any further suggestions much appreciated. clap.gif

Archived