IGNORED

Riding Pants

Eureka

Now that cooler weather is here I'm interested in buying a pair of riding pants that are not over pants, but rather regular pants, but not denim. Any suggestions. I'd like them to fit well, and not be baggy in the seat like over pants. Anyone have experience with BMW or Aerostich pants??

For riding pants I only like leather. Comfortable, flexes with you, no creases under your butt, best road rash protection there is. My latest set is Harley Davidson FXRG line leather pants (yeah, I work in a Harley/BMW shop grin.gif). Designed like overpants with long side zippers, but cut like jeans. Leather is soft water-repellent type, and the lining is Goretex like.

Paul,

Any chance you can provide a link to these pants? Pardon my ignorance, but I thought leather and water-repellent were oxymoron. But I'm learning...

Thanks in advance.

Mike O

Paul,

Any chance you can provide a link to these pants? Pardon my ignorance, but I thought leather and water-repellent were oxymoron. But I'm learning...

Thanks in advance.

Mike O

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_p...;bmLocale=en_US

Important is that the leather is a type that almost does not absorb water, so it does not take two days to dry and it does not smell like a wet dog.

For cooler weather I use my Savanna 2's (with Goretex liner)or my BMW Reflect Leathers. I also use the BMW winter underwear tops and bottoms). The BMW gear fits very well. I use their Euro size 52 (I am a 42 Reg/36 waist/182 lbs/5'9"). Nice thing about the BMW pants is that they all zip onto all the BMW jackets.

I don't like BMW winter underwear because the bottoms don't have a front opening. Very inconvenient especially if your pants are zipped to the jacket or you use suspenders. But they are good winter pijamas grin.gif

Archived