IGNORED

failed quest for part search on autocom's new US website

lawnchairboy

searched the newer (to me) edition of autocom's us website.. not as easy to use as the older version IMO.. anyhow... any autocom gods out there know what part number is necessary to covert to earphone speakers from helmet speakers? How is that accomplished? From the white connectors that also hook up to the boom mic? Oh Fernando???

TIA chris

Lone_RT_rider
any autocom gods out there know what part number is necessary to covert to earphone speakers from helmet speakers? How is that accomplished? From the white connectors that also hook up to the boom mic? Oh Fernando???

TIA chris

Send Fernando a PM. He is good about getting back to you. He will hook you up. smile.gif

The search function on that site is flawed. I never manage get more than ten results. It would be nice if there was just a list (an active one the gets updated not a stale PDF) in addition to the search.

/rant

Rocket_Cowboy

I can give you the old part number, but since they relabeled all their cables, I don't know if that would help.

Basically, Autocom sells a pigtail that connects between the helmet and the Autocom unit, it looks alot like the isolation or splitter leads for expanding the inputs on the unit itself, but it will provide the headphone jack you're looking for. Once you use that, I went ahead and removed the speakers from my helmet, leaving just the mic in the helmet.

Hope that helps.

searched the newer (to me) edition of autocom's us website.. not as easy to use as the older version IMO.. anyhow... any autocom gods out there know what part number is necessary to covert to earphone speakers from helmet speakers? How is that accomplished? From the white connectors that also hook up to the boom mic? Oh Fernando???

TIA chris

I assume you're talking about one of the 7-pin Autocom systems. If so, the part number is 1187. The old part number was #26. The even older part number was EL7-EP.

Go with 1187. If your local Autocom dealer doesn't have any, we've got them at our dealership.

As to "how" the connection is accomplished, Rocket has the description right. You will be replacing the helmet extension lead with one that has a slender, lipstick-size box inline. On the underside of the box is a 3.5mil female jack for your earbud speakers.

You will probably want to remove the original speakers from your helmet. If they have a small, white, inline plug, just unplug them. Otherwise you'll have to cut the individual speaker leads, split the end of the leads, fold one end back and put a small piece of shrink wrap over it (to keep them from possibly shorting).

Archived