IGNORED

Honey... it followed me home.......

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

..... can I keep it..... !!!???

105704529-L.jpg

You've all guessed mrs. Dumas' answer already by now, haven't you ??

"........ ARE YOU NUTS !!??????.... NO !....".

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Pretty cruel and devious too of my BMW dealer if you ask me, giving me a brandnew 1200 as a 'loaner', while my trusty ol' RT is in the shop.

Today he (she??) gets his 20.000 km maintenance, AND a new front tire after 21.600 km's (!).....

You know what? I'll write a 'ride report' on the 1200 in a seperate story, for all those wondering about the differences between a 1200 and an 1150 ... seen through the eyes of a European newbie, that is.

For now, I just wanted to share a few piccies of my early 1200-ride this morning... 'Polder Style'..... of course !!!

These windmills will be familiar to you all by now... it is the museum I take all our foreign visitors to.....

105704473-L.jpg

But THIS is a NEW sort of view on them.....

105704505-L.jpg

It is a nice little place, at the mills.... in most every season...

105704465-L.jpg

The miller hangs his clogs outside.......

105704513-L.jpg

No, on this little dike road I could NOT turn the RT around..... had to continue to the next farm to make my U-turn....

105704521-L.jpg

The sun was just up.. actually, there were some great views when I rode to Amsterdam, but I had my camera locked away and was late for my appointment..... this one will have to do for now....

105704486-L.jpg

....and the RT...

looks good ANYWHERE.....

105704490-L.jpg

More later...... Nina and I wil test her together in an hour or so, picking up the 1150 again.. on new 'shoes' !

Francois

Steve, is that you????????

Attended a training seminar the other day. Statistic came up that stated that 40% of people who get a "loaner" while their own vehicle is in for service will end up keeping the "loaner" and turning in the old one.

Wonderful shots!

Come on Nina, you know you want the new one!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Francois_Dumas

grin.gifgrin.gif

My dealer must have attended that seminar too <grin>.

Unfortunately (for him) I have two reasons for keeping the 1150 for a while longer....

1) it is MUCH cheaper to do so now.....

2) I am one of these 'artistic types'......

I'll expand in (much) detail (both verbose and graphically) in a separate thread.... but it'll have to wait till tomorrow probably.... I made over 200 photos of the 'new one' and am trying to figure out which ones to use. lmao.gif

Steve, is that you????????

Attended a training seminar the other day. Statistic came up that stated that 40% of people who get a "loaner" while their own vehicle is in for service will end up keeping the "loaner" and turning in the old one.

Wonderful shots!

Come on Nina, you know you want the new one!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Wow....it is beautiful bike! And Phil(1bmwfan), don't get any ideas!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Francois,

The problem is the 12RT's color scheme. Tell your dealer you'll work out a trade/deal for your 1150RT....but only if he'll paint it the identical color as your current silver RT.

Nina will never notice the difference.

Mike O

P.S. Unfortunately, since it will be silver, it'll be slightly slower than the other colors.

Rocket_Cowboy

Beautiful pictures! I'm going to have to comb all across the US on my new RT to see if I can find sights as gorgeous as those. It'll be tough work, but someone's gotta do it. smile.gif

I can hear a Monty Python sketch: "Here, try this RT, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say n'more! She's a goer, eh? Eh? Spoooorty, eh? Eh?"

Aw, c'mon, "artsy boy." Start selling Nina on it. "Uh, business will increase because.....uh, it's....twin spark. And it's MUCH more photogenic!"

The last shot is a perfect calendar shot. The light falls on the bike just right highlighting all the sharp angles just as if it were in a studio setting thumbsup.gif

Mmmmm... that is SO pretty!!

Now I know which bike to choose when I win the BMW "Get Serious Sweepstakes" where they're giving away an '07 of the winner's choice! thumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas

Great fun everything... Nina and just returned.. we picked up the ol' 1150 again.... pretty much noisier..... Nina liked the saddle on the 1200, it is higher (oooops blush.gif ).

We did NOT like the garage bill though, 715 Euros !!! So that puts the 1200 out of sight for more time to come tongue.gif

I'll write up my experiences tomorrow... now I have a (second!) birthday party to attend ... grin.gif

I believe the 40% figure. Before I bought my first BMW I test rode a few. The sales guy nodded toward the Astral Blue 93 K1100RS and said I should take it for a "spin". Well the rest is history. I ended up buying a 93 K11RS and had it for 11 years. Still cannot figure out why the other companies won't let you test ride their stuff. Makes a lot of sense to let the customer hook himself vs. the sales guy. All he did was offer. Now you see why I won't take the K1200GT for a test ride. Probably end up with the same scenario and Ruby would be sooo jealous.

All he did was offer. Now you see why I won't take the K1200GT for a test ride. Probably end up with the same scenario and Ruby would be sooo jealous.

Ptth. I'll offer. Go 'head; take the GT. I'll look after Ruby. No, really, it's no problem. Wouldn't mind at all.

Paul

You must have enjoyed that 30 mile ride on Ruby back in April. Can you believe that was 6 months ago? We need to go for another ride soon. Later.

AdventurePoser

I had a 98 R1100RT and test rode a 98 k1200RS...Came back with a big stupid grin and bought it on the spot.

Now, of course, I can't buy new motorcycles on a whim... tongue.gif

Steve in So Cal

Archived