IGNORED

Aerostich AD1 Pants Reduced to $217

Mike

Aerostich has reduced the price of its AD1 pants to $217, a further reduction from the previous sale price of $247 (MSRP is $297).

This is the "advanced" version of the Darien pant, with a gusseted crotch and pocket flaps. It looks like a pretty nice product, but they were not happy with the first batch and are selling them as irregulars. Someone posted a few weeks back that it looked like the color was off-spec.

I've got the plain-Jane Dariens and they're an excellent product. If you're in the market for some quality textile riding pants, this may be the ticket.

I got that email as well.

Any idea how they do in the cold? The current pants I wear could use some help in that arena. It was cold yesterday riding to/from Monterey for a training class I had!!! frown.gif

It looks like a pretty nice product, but they were not happy with the first batch and are selling them as irregulars. Someone posted a few weeks back that it looked like the color was off-spec.

I understand that these pants were imported, unlike the Darien and Roadcrafter.

I got that email as well.

Any idea how they do in the cold? The current pants I wear could use some help in that arena. It was cold yesterday riding to/from Monterey for a training class I had!!! frown.gif

The Dariens and AD1 pants are designed as an overpant, and are constructed from a laminated Cordura/Gore-Tex fabric, with no liner. They'll absolutely stop the wind, but any insulation would have to come in the form of whatever you wore under them. I've worn my Darien pants with midweight polypropylene long underwear and have been comfortable in temperatures down to the forties, but the AD1 pants by themselves would be chilly.

Stuart Bliwas

Try Cabela's Powder Dry Polartic drawers explorer weight. Will keep you warm down to about 20F unher the Darians. Cost about $40.00

I ordered the AD1's when they were $247. Called Aerostich yesterday about the price reduction. They're sending me a $30 gift certificate to make up the difference. On the pants themselves, they look very well made. The "defect" may be the label on the top of the right front pocket. It's upside-down. Otherwise, the pants seem to display the same quality Aerostich is famous for (I've owned a Roadcrafter suit and two Darien jackets.)

I haven't worn them yet. They are stiff and I'll wash them first in Nikwax to soften them up. I'm still using my mesh pants here in Florida. cool.gif

Archived