IGNORED

Riding Classes

TN_R_Girl

I have a date with my brother in Seattle to go to a Freddie Spencer School sometime next year. But in the meantime, what kind of options are available for continued training --- other than track days and MSF Courses (I've been through the Experienced Rider Course already)?

Ask David (Rider) our newly commissioned Rider Training Uber God. He's also in your state.

Don't know if I rank high enough to communicate with "Uber" Gods of any kind smirk.gif But I will check into that. Thanks thumbsup.gif

There are track schools as an option. Very different from track days.

Keith Code Superbike School often gets the nod around here as one of the best www.superbikeschool.com

There have been several recent threads on the Reg Pridmore CLASS school. Also Kevin Schwantz Suzuki school at Road Atlanta is an excellent class, and you can ride the SV650.

what kind of options are available for continued training --- other than track days and MSF Courses (I've been through the Experienced Rider Course already)?

Something you should consider and watch for is the RidingSmart program, offered by myself and a few others who have been trained to offer the programs. I am sure that you will see one or more offered in 2007.

This is a program developed by David Baker a few years ago and is very effective for learning/practicing proper body position on your bike, bike control, attitude toward safety and riding, etc.

Unfortunately, as David mentioned in his thread, he will not be able to present his program due to his new obligations with Keith Code.

Many of the RidingSmart weekends (usually Friday night and all day on Saturday) have taken place in the Nashville area, utilizing the Natchez Trace and other routes in the area.

I am anticipating presenting a RidingSmart weekend sometime in 2007, maybe even in your area!

russell_bynum

I am anticipating presenting a RidingSmart weekend sometime in 2007, maybe even in your area!

I would very much like to do one in SoCal sometime in 2007 as well.

Wanna swap? wave.gif

russell_bynum

Wanna swap? wave.gif

LOL!!

Shannon, people have told you of Code. Their program at Barber is tops. Skip the Sportbike Track Time instruction. It's worthless, nearly. Schwantz does some great stuff out of Road Atlanta, but it's hard to get in--most of 2007 is already sold out. Ed Bargy does several per year on the road course at the Nashville speedway. It's more racing oriented and the bike prep requirements are more severe.

If you want a more relaxed, street oriented program, the Pridmore stuff is worth considering. And Larry Grodsky's staff is continuing his "Ridin' Safe" stuff, so that's probably going to be good.

I too am intrigued with the Freddie Spencer program and will do it at some point. I've heard good things about it. But try to do Miller and not Las Vegas.

If you want a more relaxed, street oriented program, the Pridmore stuff is worth considering. And Larry Grodsky's staff is continuing his "Ridin' Safe" stuff, so that's probably going to be good.

I too am intrigued with the Freddie Spencer program and will do it at some point. I've heard good things about it. But try to do Miller and not Las Vegas.

Thanks for the insights, they are much appreciated. I have heard good things about Code and will look into that at some point. For now, I am looking for something more relaxed and street oriented, so sounds like the Grodsky courses may be the way to go. smile.gif

As for Spencer, I too have heard that Miller is the better track option and will rally for those dates, but which course I take is likely to be dependent on my brother's availability which is much more limited than mine. cool.gif

Wanna swap? wave.gif

Split the difference and do it in Colorado. thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Something you should consider and watch for is the RidingSmart program, offered by myself and a few others who have been trained to offer the programs. I am sure that you will see one or more offered in 2007.

This is a program developed by David Baker a few years ago and is very effective for learning/practicing proper body position on your bike, bike control, attitude toward safety and riding, etc.

Many of the RidingSmart weekends (usually Friday night and all day on Saturday) have taken place in the Nashville area, utilizing the Natchez Trace and other routes in the area.

That sounds ideal! thumbsup.gif Would love an opportunity to take your class. wave.gif

I have a date with my brother in Seattle
You're dating your brother???

(Sorry, cheap-shot I know, but in this, the season of political ads taking quotes out of context, I couldn't resist. grin.gif)

And that's my totally worthless contribution to this thread...

Except to whole-heartedly endorse the Riding Smart program developed here. thumbsup.gif

This is Tennessee ... lmao.gif

But seriously, I'm going to remember this! wink.gif

This is Tennessee ... lmao.gif

But seriously, I'm going to remember this! wink.gif

Gezz, yet anouther BMW rider who's going to kick my ars in the twisties. When WILL I ever learn!?!
Lone_RT_rider
Gezz, yet anouther BMW rider who's going to kick my ars in the twisties. When WILL I ever learn!?!

I'll take "Never" for $500 Alex! smile.gif

Shawn

Archived