IGNORED

design ideas

SeanC

Okay, I was just dickin' around this afternoon and playing with some design ideas:

cody_ideas.jpg

I was mostly trying to come up with some type treatments, and threw the ones I created into the above image. Then I got to playing around with barbed wire, motorcycles, Charlie Russell, and of course, Slim Pickens (a Blazing Saddles theme for the UnRally?). wink.gif This file is not to be taken as a design in and of itself, just a bunch of images I created and put into a single file to put here.

I'm sortof liking the buffalo skull...

Comments?

I like that Buffalo lots! smile.gif

I kind of want to get away from the "RT-specific" thing, but that's just a minor preference. I do love that cow look, though!

Man, you've got a great eye for that stuff.

The skull is nice but, well, ho hum.

Now, Butch Cassidy on a pinto RT? That's outrageous! A little more pinto effect in the paint job would be great.

One of the best aspects of the Board is the incredible sense of humor...most of the time. Why not let the T-shirt express some of that?

Just my $20. cool.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I guess it's time for me to step up to the plate on this.

Next month, (April) I will work on the shirt and decal designs, using some of what Sean came up with and some of my own. As I will be printing both the shirts and the decals, I want to have some control of the designs. I am thinking of an old west theme in earth tone colors. Something anyone will want to wear without felling like a walking billboard for BMW or the ST site. The designs will be run past David for his blessings.

I would like the designs to be available for the masses to see by "Torrey" and we can start taking orders for shirts. This gives me June to produce the product and get them mailed to Cody for distribution.

My guess the shirts will cost me less than $5 to buy, the paint and printing minimal, so the consumer cost can be about $10 - $15, unless we want more profit for the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Signman and others,

I have a friend over on Vashon Island who is a professional-class cartoonist. If I could prevail on him to do a design for us would folks be open to it. We'd have to pay him something but it might be worth it.

I've always thought a 3/4 frontal of a speeding RT with some sort of hoonish character leaning into the wind, over (through) the windshield with an insane grin on his face.

Or some permutation thereof....

David,

I'm open to anything but we must keep in mind the more complex the design the harder it is to make the silk screens and to print. If the design is too complex, I may not be able to print them myself and we will have to pay someone to make them for us.

My goal is to produce a shirt that the participants of the rally will buy as a remembrance of the get together. To offer a quality shirt for a cheap price. Everyone there will buy one (two or three if the price is right) regardless of what's on it. It doesn't have to be an award winner. No matter what design we come up with there will be those that don't like it, but they will buy it anyway.

Don't get we wrong, I like a great looking shirts and I wear T-shirts every day, but we can go forever tring to come up with "the perfect shirt". As I said, I'm open for any ideals but keep in mind there are alot of riders that ride other bikes than the RT.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
My goal is to produce a shirt that the participants of the rally will buy as a remembrance of the get together. To offer a quality shirt for a cheap price. Everyone there will buy one (two or three if the price is right) regardless of what's on it. It doesn't have to be an award winner. No matter what design we come up with there will be those that don't like it, but they will buy it anyway.

Don't get we wrong, I like a great looking shirts and I wear T-shirts every day, but we can go forever tring to come up with "the perfect shirt". As I said, I'm open for any ideals but keep in mind there are alot of riders that ride other bikes than the RT.

Signman,

I'm really with you on this one. Producing a nice T-Shirt should be the real focus. One that is economical to print, etc. (As long as it's not orange. *phewie* Long story.) I organize dancing events on the side and people buy the t-shirt because it's a reminder, a souvernier of where/what they done.

My $0.02 (US),

Mark

PhillyFlash

Western theme, hoonish character, cowboys, cowgirls, steer head skull, lasso, bucking bronc, etc., would all be nice. But, we're going to Cody because it's in the center of great riding country (Tetons/Yellowstone, Beartooth Pass, Bighorn Mountains). In other words, incorporate visuals of "mountains, a curvy road, and a generic motorcycle," with the words "BMWSportTouring.com, UnRally 3, and Cody, Wyoming," and I think we've got it. Anything more is fluff. thumbsup.gif

edit: Oh, yeah, on a black t-shirt. Love them black t-shirts.

OK, back to my hole.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

I'm totally with Howard on this. Black t-shirts just last longer. (I'm a slob and I've already ruined my two white BMWST.com t-shirts, but my black Deals Gap shirt is still kicking.)

Mark

Joe Frickin' Friday

I'm totally with Howard on this. Black t-shirts just last longer. (I'm a slob and I've already ruined my two white BMWST.com t-shirts, but my black Deals Gap shirt is still kicking.)

Mark

Black is just too goth/heavy-metal for my tastes. I like the darker gray/pepper color, like last year's Mayhem shirts, just a shade or two darker than the original BMWRT.com (NOT the BMWsporttouring.com) shirts.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
Black is just too goth/heavy-metal for my tastes.

Hmmm... and here I thought my wardrobe was a combination of biker and tango black. Hmm... wink.gif

I like the darker gray/pepper color, like last year's Mayhem shirts, just a shade or two darker than the original BMWRT.com (NOT the BMWsporttouring.com) shirts.

This also works for me. Just not white, or orange, but that's another story.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up

After a secretive meeting, in a dark parking lot somewhere in the Texas Hill Country with the Un-chairs and our Proprietor, the design & colors for the shirts and stickers have been made. clap.gif

What is it? . . . See ya in Torrey. crazy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived