IGNORED

brake failure

taters

i have 40,000 miles on my 04 rt. i was riding home and a flashing light came on saying brake failure. i tried the brakes and think i have about 25% breaking power. i looked for my manual and could not fine it. i checked the brake fluid on the handle bars an it was full. i am going to call the dealership tomorrow morning. i bought the extended warranty so i hope they don't read me the fine print. any thoughts would be apreciated. thanks

What you really have is 25% of the power at the same amount of effort. You still have 100% of the brakes, but you have to squeeze much harder on that model. Newer models have better residual braking.

Hope it works out for you.

Jim cool.gif

thanks so i should be okay driving it to the dealership 50 miles?

I wouldn't have a problem with it. Just keep an eye on the brake failure light. If it goes out you may find you have full braking when not expecting it!

Jim cool.gif

Also keep in mind while riding in residual your brakes will not be linked. If you have been used to using just your rear brake that would mean you only have about 20% of your normal brakes regardless of increasing application effort. If you ride it, treat it like a non linked bike with high effort.

thanks for the input. i got up today to take it to the dealer and it started up with no blinking lights it was like my old bike. i take it to the dealership and he has the mechanic ride it and look at it. can't find a problem and the mechanic says it is fine.don[t know what it could have been but it is working great again after a good night's sleep. thanks again

Archived