IGNORED

Right side only turn signals out?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Other than the handlebar switches, is there any separation between the left and right turn signals? After my recent get-off, (see this thread), the right side signals stopped working. At first I thought it was just the bulb as the whole front fixture had grenaded. After I replaced it, neither front nor rear right side flashes. I couldn't tell you if the rear worked right after. The dash indicator doesn't flash either. The GS did fall HARD on the right so maybe the switch got buggered somehow?

Suggestions?

I'm willing to bet the flasher relay got fried. The same thing happened to my GS after a low speed get-off.

BMW pt# 61312306979 its about $90.00.

It's the big rectangle one in the rear right of the fuse box. If you carefully pry it apart you'll probably find some arching on the circuit board. good luck.

While it's possible the flash got toasted from a shorted to ground signal circuit, I'd check closely to see if a short still exist somewhere near the one that got smashed first. A short to ground would kill all three (including the dash indicator).

If at the end of the day it ends up being the flasher unit, consider replacing it with the Kissan signalMinder. More features such as self-canceling.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Thanks guys. The left signals still work, so could only part of the relay be bad? I realize this means replacing the whole unit. I'll look for a short when I get home, but the integrity of the wiring looks okay at first glance.

Archived