IGNORED

Great Example of Looking Where You Want to Go

David

Maybe he really wanted to turn left but just could not get that big beautiful beast to lean the other direction. smirk.gif

Maybe he's checking to see what numbers the judges are holding up? tongue.giflmao.gif

Option a) His next maneuver is left and he turned his head really early

Option b) On his head is really a Halloween costume with face and eyes in the back and he's really looking way through the right-hand turn

Option c) A stunning Beemer caught his eye and he's thinking, "Dang, what am I doin' on this Hog?"

Option d) He misunderstood the instructor and heard, "look away from the turn" rather than "look way through the turn."

Option e) He's so at one with the bike that he can look anywhere he wants and still make that thing go whereever he wants.

It was actually:

f) There was an intersecting road onto the straight, off the skid pad, that joined the curve at that point. It had a full set of closely-spaced orange cones across it. But every lap--I mean every--he made sure there was no merging traffic. And the most technical spot on the track, probably. grin.gif

russell_bynum
Snapped this at the track yesterday. (Sorry about the bad quality, but at least I was looking in the right direction.)

looking.jpg

WTF??? I thought Code mandated a full-face helmet?

So many people do that at that particular spot. I just about center-punched a guy on an R6 once because he did that (and rolled off the throttle at the same time) right in front of me as I was setting up to pass him on the straight.

Snapped this at the track yesterday. (Sorry about the bad quality, but at least I was looking in the right direction.)

>

Give the guy a break man....he's dyslexic! confused.gif

That's beautiful grin.gif

At least he has the #1 plate.

Did you do something to PhotoShop last time you used my computer? Can't seem to open it.

ShovelStrokeEd

C'mon guys, he is already at the maximum lean the bike will tolerate, his path is ordained, no point in continuing to look, he can complete the turn by ear at this point.

C'mon guys, he is already at the maximum lean the bike will tolerate, his path is ordained, no point in continuing to look, he can complete the turn by ear at this point.

thumbsup.gif

WTF??? I thought Code mandated a full-face helmet?

I was also surprised at the gear. He had chaps on, too.

It's OK - he solemnly promised he wouldn't go fast through any of the turns.

Straights either...

tongue.gif

He IS looking where he is going - if you look closely you will notice that his Hog is actually at such an extreme lean angle (for a Hog), that it is in fact sliding sideways on the right board and crash bars… tongue.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
So many people do that at that particular spot.

Whyzat? What's going on there that makes people look to the left?

russell_bynum
So many people do that at that particular spot.

Whyzat? What's going on there that makes people look to the left?

From David's post:

There was an intersecting road onto the straight, off the skid pad, that joined the curve at that point. It had a full set of closely-spaced orange cones across it. But every lap--I mean every--he made sure there was no merging traffic. And the most technical spot on the track, probably.

So...they're looking for "traffic"...which will never be there.

Lone_RT_rider

looking.jpg

This is a no-brainer man! There is obviously some leather clad woman on the side of the track and he is instictively waiting for her to flash him! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

russell_bynum
What the hell is over there that makes everyone look???

Must be worth wadding a bike to look at...it's not impossible I guess.

From David's post:

There was an intersecting road onto the straight, off the skid pad, that joined the curve at that point. It had a full set of closely-spaced orange cones across it. But every lap--I mean every--he made sure there was no merging traffic. And the most technical spot on the track, probably.

So...they're looking for "traffic"...which will never be there.

David,

As interesting as his way to ride through a turn is, I was perusing Advrider the other day and this one picture caught my eye. I thought: "That looks like David Baker's style of riding.".

Sure enough, the pic had your name attached to it. Then again, how many R12GS's get photographed at near max lean angle on road race tracks? It almost had to be you, David.

But there was also something about the riding style that looked like you.

russell_bynum
David,

As interesting as his way to ride through a turn is, I was perusing Advrider the other day and this one picture caught my eye. I thought: "That looks like David Baker's style of riding.".

Sure enough, the pic had your name attached to it. Then again, how many R12GS's get photographed at near max lean angle on road race tracks? It almost had to be you, David.

This shot?

lean.jpg

Yeah, that's David. Here's the thread.

Ah, yes. Those were the days. No track bike, so the 12GS got pressed into service. What can I say--it's a versatile bike. smile.gif

Archived