IGNORED

For what it's worth

mshuell

Greetings,

Long time R bike rider here. My 1996 RT has been a faithful friend. However, when I say photos of the new K-GT I started to drool. I was in the Detroit area last week so I stopped in to BMW of Southeast Michigan. New dealership owner John Horner gave me the guided tour of the bike. He didn't have a GT demo, so he had me take is person K-RS for a ride. I've been riding bikes for 35 years, and frankly it takes quite a bit to impress me. My opinion of the new K bike? WOW! This is the most stunning piece of machinery I've ever swung my leg over. Everything about it felt perfect. It's not going to happen today, but someday there will be a K bike in my garage.

One last item. Dealership owner John Horner is one of the nicest gentlemen you'll ever meet. He could not have been more gracious. Truly a delight.

Best Wishes. Mark Shuell

I rode my '04 R1150RT out to WI from MT. Saw a crystal gray metallic K12GT on the floor of Nick's BMW in DePere, WI and knew that this bike was taking me home! I thoroughly enjoyed my boxer but the K12GT is such an amazing ride that I do not regret my hasty purchase. The K bike's weaknesses - lousy windshield (remedied with CeeBailey) and seat (soon to be corrected by Bill Mayer). I now have 2500 miles on the K and love it.

753468-K12GT.JPG.02b9a2e41635968088f62b7de242fd37.JPG

Mark, I'm delighted you got to meet and connect with such a fine person as John Horner. It can be a delightful world, eh?

K-bikes have a magic. I feel it most stronly in the K1200RS, but they all exhibit something special to their owner/riders. The new K1200GT, even though beloved friend Steve Carr finds it bland, has some magic to share. I hope you get to live with one some day soon.

Best wishes.

Archived