IGNORED

Coffee Sponser ?

snod

I am going to finalize the coffee plan on Saturday June, 22. I will have to give the Bakery folks my credit card # at that time. My best estimate at this point is that I will spend approximately $200.00 per day to provide Doughnut/Danish and coffee for approximately 150 folks. I had originally planned to put up a bucket for donations. I think it may be easier (on me) if we can have a sponsor or two. All they get for their money is a sign that indicates that they provided the pastry and coffee. I have considered seeing if the BMW M/C dealers of Colorado would be interested? I have also considered Cycle Gadgets and Discount Motorcycle Tire. I'm sure there are others that would be interested/willing?

So to the question:

Should we solicit sponsorship? Do we want be "beholden" to any vendor?

If so who are the best folks to contact?

Any and all opinons welcome!

I do not have email at work. I check this forum most evenings. You can call me at Denver Hardwood 800/274-4144, 0700-1630 MDT. I am the only Mike and the only Snod there.

$200 per day? That's just for Big Mak, right?

Seriously, I think sponsorship is a good idea. We're going to be putting "above normal" demands on the bakery folks. They want to be covered up front. Unless we charge a rally fee to include these goods, we won't know in advance how much money we'll have with which to pay them. And trying to collect on the spot is a hassle, what with who paid and who didn't, making change, etc. It's easier if we get some sponsors. MotoEquip will chip in $50. I think Cycle Gadgets will want in. And if there ever was a base of long-mileage, tire-eating customers who love Discount Motorcycle Tires, we're it. With DCB's OK, call 'em.

I'd also check with Jim Lawson at Dallas MC Accessories (EZ-Mount Bracket), Cee Bailey, Big Mak Accessories and anyone else who has benefitted from exposure on our site. It's time to say Thanks.

David, wachathinque?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Add Motolights to your list. They expressed interest in even stopping by. And Kisan Tech. And maybe Steve at Cee Baileys.

We have coffee sponsors!

Steve at Cee-Bailey, and Jim Lawson of EZ-Mount, have both committed. Lorene (sp?) and Sean from Cycle Gadgets have to give me a definate yes, but I think want in. We have the funds covered for coffee and pastry for both Monday and Tuesday mornings. I will post to the public forum after CG confirms. I want to give these folks the best play I can for their $.

Chirag at Kisan was interested in donating product for door prize/s? Any one want to run with that? I told him I would pass the offfer on to FB.

snod

I don't see where there would be a problem with door prizes. I was certainly planning on tossing out a few of my MotoEquip Face Shield Protectors whenever I had the microphone. The more the merrier, as long as we don't get a major sponsor who wants to take over and make it something like the DUNLOP Gunnison Rally and give out free tires to everyone and donimate the proceedings, etc.,etc, etc.

Wait a minute. . .wink.gif

As for the coffee and pastries, I agreed to sponsor $50 worth. Snod, shoot me an e-mail with your address and I'll send you a check. --FB

Archived