IGNORED

Reg Pridmore's CLASS Motorcycle Schools

Slumgullion

I am taking Reg Pridmore's CLASS this Sunday and Monday at Barbara Motorsport and would like to have a better idea of what to expect; if you have been to CLASS what advice would you have for me? Thanks in advance!

Hey Joel,

I don't really know what to expect either, but I'll be at the class as well.

I'll be with Fisherman from this board who has taken the coarse before. You may have met him at the last El Paseo. We'll be following you on our GS's wave.gif

Good idea taking the class both days. I showed up for the second day only and was a little behind the power curve for the first few sessions. OK, way behind the power curve.

Mark thanks for directing me to Christine's write up. I remember now reading it then and it was helpful. Ken looking forward to seeing you and Fisherman. What gear is acceptable I don't have leathers?

Below is from the CLASS website.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Clothing: We require all riders to wear a motorcycle riding suit. The best suits are one-piece, quality race leathers, although we do allow one or two-piece suits (we don't require they zip together), leather or textile (e.g., Aerostich, Joe Rocket Ballistic, etc. are usually ok; but Joe Rocket "Phoenix" or similar ultra lightweight or mesh suits are not acceptable). Your suit should have some armor in the hips, knees, elbows and shoulders and we won’t let anybody ride in chaps. Also:

--You need to have an undamaged full face helmet, 5 years or newer (DOT. approved is mandatory and Snell approved is recommended)

--Leather boots that cover your ankles (no high top sneakers)

--Gauntlet-style leather gloves that cover your wrists

Motorcycle Prep: All we ask you to do to prep the motorcycle is:

--Cover (with tape) or remove your mirrors (we don’t want you looking back)

--Disconnect or tape over your brake light (we don’t want brake lights flashing, which can be distracting)

--Fresh, virtually new tires with very little sign of wear (we are sticklers about this), on a positively leak-free bike with good brakes.

Hope we see you at the track!

I have attended several of Reg's schools. You will enjoy it and the track time.

The class will be divided into two groups - first timers/learners and advanced. Be honest with yourself about group selection. The nice thing about two groups is you get more track time than track days that are divided into three groups.

It took me a school or two to realize the biggest value is to grab an instructor and get some personal coaching, particularly after moving up to the advanced group. The instructors I've met are all very good and eager to teach you. They'll lead you for a couple of laps, follow you for a couple and pull you over for coaching. I have learned at least one significant riding improvement every time I've asked for assistance.

Enjoy the school.

Jim

I've done a handfull of days with Reg at CLASS...

TOTALLY worth it, even the day I lowsided a borrowed GS on an oilpatch at Leguna Seca... :-(

Unless you are track experianced stick with the B group. If you don't feel comfortable scrapping pegs feelers or pegs or whatever touches down first, go to the B group. You will be much happier and have a much more fun day.

CLASS can have somewhat large groups. Be sure to grab face time with the instructors. You can get lost in the group if you don't actively seek time with the instructors both on the track on off.

Also get a two up ride with Reg. It is the most intense motorcycle experiance you will ever have (and on a VFR800 no less). I was speachless for 15 minutes afterwards and I always have something to say!

grin.gif

to build on what pgbon said, the best $100 I've spent in many years was to get Reg to ride my SO around Barber. She still talks about it after three years. He will set a standard for speedy, smooth riding, braking and shifting that you can't ever meet. "Why can't you be as smooth as Reg?" I was told at the last one I attended that he had stopped doing demo rides for charity after a close call or actual accident caused by another student. If you can ride with him, do it.

Jim

Good referance to david's tread it sure is helpful to get the veteran track school perspective. I'm putting a set of M3's on tomorrow afternoon and I'm itching for Sunday!

Guess my Savanna 2 will have to do!

That's what I wore to the school last November at Willow Springs....

Phil......Redbrick

750496-PhilTurn8_edited.jpg.1257b41af2280145d9e14c9ac6d16b46.jpg

I LOVED Reg's CLASS school. He's a nice guy, and the instructors helped me a great deal. Here's a larger version of my avatar. It's turn 5 at Barber.

751678-turn5%28Small%29.jpg

751678-turn5(Small).jpg.e02b8377a8123b5d79e40eb77b8616ac.jpg

Archived