IGNORED

Re: Computer read out has changed!

Gkgeiger

Guess what! Since the recent computer update, I think my temp read out is more accurate now also. Instead of reading 7-8 degrees lower than it should, it now reads 1-2 degress higher.

And My temp went the other way. It now reads at least 10 degrees higher than what it actually is. It all started when I tried to get my fuel guage corrected - that's still not right either.

Rotor

Same here, my temp went from 4-8 degrees low to 8-14 degrees high. The fact BMW can't come close on something this simple, aggravates the hech out of me.

Same here, my temp went from 4-8 degrees low to 8-14 degrees high. The fact BMW can't come close on something this simple, aggravates the hech out of me.

Oh the joys of options when they are not 'just right'! The number of complaints to BMW dealer and BMW customer service over Oil-level sensor, Temp-sensor, BC displays, power outlets and cruise control must be driving them nuts.

Probably some of the BMW 'car marketing guys' came over to the M/C division and thought it would be easy. I'm waiting for a rock-solid BMS-K firmware release before I let the dealer do any upgrades.

I was wrong. I thought it was closer to being correct. Now it reads 9-12 degrees too high.

Mine went for 2-3 degrees C too low to about the same two high with the new software. I can do the math to get the actual temperature but it is a bit annoying. I have read that if you have a 2005 they are supposed to move the temperature sensor to the front. Mine is still in the old postion under the rear fender. Next time its in for service I may ask about that.

Mine went for 2-3 degrees C too low to about the same two high with the new software. I can do the math to get the actual temperature but it is a bit annoying. I have read that if you have a 2005 they are supposed to move the temperature sensor to the front. Mine is still in the old postion under the rear fender. Next time its in for service I may ask about that.

My dealer told me, that the bikes he made the relocation of the sensor to, made no difference.

My dealer told me, that the bikes he made the relocation of the sensor to, made no difference.

Yes, they have relocated the sensor from above the exhaust pipe to above the right-hand cylinder!

The guage is not particularly accurate, but I not going to waste valuable riding time trying to fix something that might not be curable.

In other words, I do not feel ripped off that it doesn't really work. But of course, YMMV.

Archived