IGNORED

CS 12GS 06 models

Miriam

Someone told me that the centre stand on the 06 GS requires less effort to use. I’d like to know if anyone has upgraded from 04/05 to an 06 12GS and has noticed this? Also are the new, more straight centre stands interchangeable with the kind of bow-legged older ones? That’s what I really want to know…

Thanks wave.gif

Hi,

I've still got my 05, but I've experienced the new and improved center stand by lifting the new version at the dealership and it is remarkably much easier. As for interchangability I don't have a clue. wave.gif

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's what I heard.

Any GS owners here who think they may be interchageable? (Before I show up at my dealer with another one of my typically female logic originated questions.)

Thanks again.

Hi Miriam,

I would guess that going to the dealer is the only way to find out for sure. I have heard that the new one is easier to get up on the centerstand. I will find out next month when my '07 12GS arrives.

See you! wave.gif

Thanks Marty!

I just found out they're not interchangeable. The whole reason it's now easier to lift the bike is because the CS is in a different spot. So, I'll have to wait until I trade it in then.

Marty, please let me know if you find any other differences on the 07 model. I'm just curious. You know me... blush.gif

Thanks Marty!

I just found out they're not interchangeable. The whole reason it's now easier to lift the bike is because the CS is in a different spot. So, I'll have to wait until I trade it in then.

Marty, please let me know if you find any other differences on the 07 model. I'm just curious. You know me... blush.gif

Right, you would have to cut off the ould mount, and weld on a new one, or change subframes.

Too bad, because they are a bit easier. I just keep 50 pounds of junk in my Jesse's, and it practically puts itself on the stand. Plus the Jesse rack makes a great handhold. thumbsup.gif

Jim cool.gif

... it practically puts itself on the stand.

Okay, I'm now officially jealous. Hopefully no dealer will make me an offer while I’m in such a vulnerable state…

Archived