IGNORED

T B Sync

Jim_Lanz

OK, You may all know the answer and have most likely provided this info, but here it is anyway. Is there a way to sync my own throttle bodies without going to the dealer? I can handle the valve adjust, fluid changes, brake fluid service, brake pads, wheel removal etc. The TB Sync is not outlined in the manual.

Thanks for all your help.

Jim

OK, You may all know the answer and have most likely provided this info, but here it is anyway. Is there a way to sync my own throttle bodies without going to the dealer? I can handle the valve adjust, fluid changes, brake fluid service, brake pads, wheel removal etc. The TB Sync is not outlined in the manual.

Thanks for all your help.

Jim

'ere ya go mate.

http://www.advrider.com/Wisdom/Wisdom.html

Down at the bottom is the TBS for dummies, worked for me.

Indy

Jim, piece of cake.. The hard part is pulling the plastic off.. With any luck you can usually get by with just pulling the L/H side off as there is an adjustment hole that lines up with the BBS screw going through the R/H side (assuming an RT)..

The link you were provided by Indy with will cover the adjustment procedure.. You can even make your own balancing U tube.. I made one (see picture) & all I use is water with a little antifreeze in it for color.. Actually inches of water has a very fine resolution (way better than most Mercury gauges as far a fluid movement per inch of vacuum.. If you balance one side against the other with a water U tube it will extremely close side to side when done..

Twisty

Img_2823a.jpg

Buy a twin max. It is easy to do and just part of finishing up the Valve Adjustment. In fact, I have never had to adjust the TB's, every valve adjustment I take the bike out to warm it up, throw the twinmax on and the TB's are always spot on.

If you don't want to buy your own TwinMax, there's a TechDaze being put together for New England next month and I'll be there (East Granby CT) with mine. I'm going to do a valve adj & TB Sync...and maybe install a Techlusion while I'm at it. You could jump in and use the tools & the experts who will be there too.

Jim

Archived