IGNORED

RT windshield stops

Albert

For the past week or so I've noticed a rattling coming from the dash area when I hit bumps. Yesterday I investigated and found there's 2 tiny rubber bumpers that the w/s frame rests on when the w/s is fully retracted (1 left 1 right). My left bumper is missing so that explained the problem. Today I've looked at several of the online parts fiches and it seems this tiny rubber hicky goes for anywhere from 4 to 7 dollars US depending on where you buy. Anyone else ever need to replace one of these that's found a "creative" way to do it? Thanks. thumbsup.gif

I haven't done it yet, but I've considered using automotive weather-strip adhesive and securing a piece fo rubber on the the portion of the windshield frame that would normally rest on the bumber. It looks like there's enough surface area to get a good bond, and it's not going to be seen anyway.

Anyone else ever need to replace one of these that's found a "creative" way to do it? Thanks. thumbsup.gif

I'd just go to HomeDepot etc. and get a package of little rubber "feet" like you use on the bottom of a phone etc. I had a rubber "bumper" fall off my tank bag. We get lots of these little rubber feet at work for sticking on the bottom of network switches etc. and have a drawer full, just found one the same size and bingo.

The first time I noticed one missing I blamed it on BMW and the dealer replaced it for free. The next time it was my fault. I wiped the underside of the wind shield with a cloth and ripped the stop off. Now I use more care; they are about $3.00 each.

Archived