IGNORED

How much would it cost to paint a 1100RT?

lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman

Just wondering does anyone know how much it would cost to have an RT painted. I am thinking one color only? Just wondering if anyone would know?

Lots of factors apply to bikes.

So I'll do one. All parts off. Cleaned and degreased given to painter.

That's all you do to help.

Painter. Scuff and repaint only (cheap) Scuff fill pinholes or gouges spot prime or complete prime (better).

Quality of paint cheapo or original Glasurit 2stage

Color sand and polish buff or leave just as sprayed which usually has some dirt dust in it even in the best spray booths.

Ok it can go on and on but expect to pay on the cheapest scale 400 (and don't expect much durability from it) to 2500 for a pretty desent respray.

There's lots of ways it can go up or down. Considering some folks have had just a bag side painted for around 200 you can add it up yourself.

Best thing to do is call around or ask friends who have had work done.

Brian PDQ Signs

Tony has it right. You also get what you pay for, take the panels off and over to Earl Scheib or Maaco and you'll get an inexpensive paint job with the same durability.

I plan on repainting my bike and just a quart of paint, hardner, etc and qt of clear will run over $200. That doesn't include ANY prep or anything else for that matter.

Prep is the key, if the panels are not flawless you'll magnify them 10 times easy. If it's not that big a deal to you then go for a reasonable cost effective job.

Best of luck on your decision, thumbsup.gif

Just wondering does anyone know how much it would cost to have an RT painted. I am thinking one color only? Just wondering if anyone would know?

Bikes have always been difficult to estimate as it seems that the customer usually wants to changes things up a bit halfway through the process.

I have been a Master Painter in the automotive restoration business now for around 17 years. The world of painting is constantly evolving similar to the speed of computers so there are always new techniques, procedures, raw materials, and refinishing products hitting the market on an ever rapid basis.

To answer your question, to correctly prep an 1100RT going with a single base color and clear combination will run near $1300 through our shop. This includes using only the finest products available (Spies Hecker or Sikkens) and will have the correct level of flex additive as well.

As we are located in Kansas, prices will invariably increase the closer you get to the east or west coast.

Hope this helps!

I lucked out with my brother inlaw who owns a body shop and he painted the 1100RT for $ 400.00. But understand that was the brother inlaw price!

Alan

Archived