IGNORED

R 1150 RT handlebar bag ?

Nick1150

I was looking for a handlebar bag for my R 1150 RT, and I like the touratech one that was made for R 1200 RT .... code number 01-047-0210-0 ... you can also see it the image attached. I was wondering does that fit to R 1150 RT ?

Thanks in advance

wave.gif

737484-R1200RT.jpg.1355ded36c69e51e07c00b5bd24c8140.jpg

To be honest I dont need it.

I use both side cases and top case in my every day commute, and I just need a place to put my toll card, mobile and some change maybe my wallet ..... so I think a handlebar bag is enough. Another point is that I dont like the looks of my BEATIFUL grin.gif RT with the tank bag dopeslap.gif

Someone said that the handlebar bag of Yamaha XT660 fits .... see the pic attached

Any hint ?

737907-XT660.jpg.37d2070b710d040d445f985ba3b95250.jpg

The handlebars on the 1200RT are the same as the ones on the 1100/1150's. I suggest you call Touratech and see if they think it will fit.

I have the handlebar bag for my 1200RT as well as the tank bag. I'm like you, there are times it's just more convenient to have a small bag up there for tolls and such and the tank bag is overkill. The straps for fastening the handlebar bag are overly long and I'd be very surprised if you couldn't make the bag work on lots of models. That said, I have no direct experience with the 1150.

That's the bag that installs into the radio bay when no radio is installed. Certainly you can access the space while riding but I find it's just too large to make it convenient for things you need while riding (e.g. tolls, cards, etc.). I love having that much space for storage however. By the way, I don't have the insert bag, I just put stuff down in there in zip lock bags etc.

The handlebars on the 1200RT are the same as the ones on the 1100/1150's. I suggest you call Touratech and see if they think it will fit.

Already did confused.gif the reply was that they believe that it cannot be installed on a 1150 ..... and that there is no handlebar bag designed for the 1150 !!!

So the question is like this: If the handlebars between the 1200 and 1150 are the same (or almost the same .... it's a bag anyway) why shouldn't the 1200 handlebar bag fit on a 1150 confused.gif

Well I just visited Jeff Dean's sites with pictures of the 1150 handlebars and if there's a difference it must be pretty subtle. This bag ain't high tech and, as I said, the velcro straps are long enough to wrap around almost anything. I won't tell you to go buy it because I can't say for sure but I wouldn't be afraid to if I were you. Good luck.

Yeap grin.gif I will buy it (tommorow smirk.gif) ...... after all its only a 25 euros cost dopeslap.gif

Thanks

Ps. I did see my self too the handlebars of the 1200 and they seemed to me almost the same tongue.gif who knows .....

I have a 1200rt with the bag fitted just tried it on my mates 1150rt fits fine.

Thanks alot ..... you just saved me 24 hours worrying clap.gifclap.gif

I will receive it tommorow ...... so now I know thumbsup.gif

wave.gif

Archived