IGNORED

Need Help with Fuel Injeciton Clamps

Charles Elms

Charles Elms

I decided to change my fuel filter on a 97 R1100RT. No problem changing the filter, it had been changed before by the dealer and they replaced the single use clamps at each end of the filter with reusable clamps. Also the main fuel line clamps on the side of the frame had been replaced.

Here is my problem. I need to replace the small diameter gas line clamps(2) that are inside the tank plate. I think they are 8 mm. I have not been able to locate an FI clamps that small. I've tried autozone and Pep Boys. The smallest they have is I believe 11mm and when tightened, the two tabs touch so this size is too large.

Can anyone help me out on where to find the small 8 mm fuel injector line clamps?

Thanks

I decided to change my fuel filter on a 97 R1100RT. No problem changing the filter, it had been changed before by the dealer and they replaced the single use clamps at each end of the filter with reusable clamps. Also the main fuel line clamps on the side of the frame had been replaced.

Here is my problem. I need to replace the small diameter gas line clamps(2) that are inside the tank plate. I think they are 8 mm. I have not been able to locate an FI clamps that small. I've tried autozone and Pep Boys. The smallest they have is I believe 11mm and when tightened, the two tabs touch so this size is too large.

Can anyone help me out on where to find the small 8 mm fuel injector line clamps?

Thanks

You don't need FI-Class clamps on the small hoses. They are just vent lines, no pressure.

Mick

Charles Elms

Thanks for the replies. Talk about can't see the forrest for the trees. I just focused on the clamps and didn't see that they were for the vent lines. I destroyed the clamps when I removed them. I will use small screw type hose clamp.

This board is great. Thanks for the help.

Archived