IGNORED

Southern NH

bmw_keith

Just a small saturday ride through southern NH.

113 East (dunstable)

3N

101N

114W

13N (Goffstown)

77W (Weare)

114W (Henniker)

202S Benninton. Starts out a divided highway, but then shrinks down nicely. Pics of the stream are near Bennington on Antrim Road to get to 31S. I didn't eat at Alberto's, but the sign made me laugh. Maybe next time.

31S

136S

202S - Peterborough. Lunch at the diner.

101E. Suddenly there were a few Harleys in front and a GS behind me. They turned off on 123S, but I went farther to 45S

45S - good choice. Newly paved for 5? miles. A little elevation, a small general store, the cemetary signs. Seemed like a million miles away from anywhere.

After that I took 45S to Mason, then I headed east on some random roads to Brookline and then south into Pepperell and then onto 113 and home.

Southern NH is my favorite short ride and there are still plenty of small roads through this area that I haven't been on.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bmw_keith/album/576460762310671845#page1

If there's anyone in the area, I'm always up for a weekend ride. let me know.

Next time make sure you stop at Alberto's!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Great italian food...restaurant is in its third generation of family. Nice thin crust pizza is my favourite. I have eaten there off and on nearly my entire life. My Grand parents had a house near there... my parents own it now.

I know the area well and there are some great roads to ride... especially if you can get out of the traffic... mid week is great.

Hi Keith -

Are you familiar with the Moto-maps routes at all? I was looking to do the Blue ride (in the NH book) later this week, departing from NH Seacoast. It looks like a great ride, but it would be nice to hear firsthand if anyone has actually ridden the route outlined by the map.

Thanks,

Felicia

'05 R1200ST

(hmm, I thought I replied before)

Anyway, I haven't done that ride. I usually just stare at MS Streets and Maps for a while and pick a route. From the website it looks similar to my last ride.

Bill in Vermont

Hey- As a shoutheastern Vermonter, I like to ride over that way. Too bad Alberto's isn't open for lunch- It would be dark after dinner, and this time of year I don't like to ride after sunset. However, How about doing a website for Alberto's with a menu? How about e-mailing me a copy of their menu? Always looking for a nice place to eat. Bill in Saxtons River, Vermont tongue.gif

Archived