IGNORED

rear turn signal--dim bulb question

bendbill

Yep, I'm the dim bulb . . .

. . . with turn signal bulb number question.

My rear turn signal bulb on right side went out. I was at an independent dealer, who replaced with an 1156 bulb. The next day my other rear bulb fried. I pulled it an noted it is a 1057 [original bulb, I think]

I did a search on this site and read that the correct bulb number is 1157.

So here's the question: Are all these bulb numbers interchangeable? confused.gif

Thanks. The perplexed want to know.

Jerry Johnston

The 1157 (same for 1057)is a dual filiment bulb with tail and stop light filiment. The 1156 (same as 1056) are single filiment bulbs. The turn signals only use a single filiment unless yours has been modified (or a 03 is different than a 96)for running and turn signal in which case 1157 will work. My original turn signals came with a german single filiment bulb that say' 12v 37r C2w on it.

Thank you Jerry Johnston for the quick reply. I dropped into a local automotive dept for a pair of each and can see the single vs double filament. I wonder if all 2003 models come stock with the dual filament 1057 or if mine was a replacement I don't remember

Now to see which works better with my Kisan running lights. I bet I'll stay with the 1156.

2003 models come stock with the dual filament 1057
They did not. All RTs had single filament front and rear signals from the factory.

That's not to say someone hasn't modified it along the way though. Look in the socket. See one 'button' contact at the bottom, or two? That will give you your answer.

All RTs had single filament front and rear signals from the factory.

Aha! Thanks, Ken H. I think I see the source of my confusion: both my original bulbs are stamped 1057 but they are single filament, not double

Archived