IGNORED

2006 RT LCD screen question

Crazy_Canuck

Crazy_Canuck

I just bought a new 2006 1200RT (week old). I took it to work the last couple of days and when I went to go ride it I noticed that the upper portion of the LCD had a big dark blotch on it. When I first turned the bike on the whole upper portion on the screen was unreadable? It slowly started going back to normal at around 15mins.

Note the console was in direct sunlight and the tempurature was around 88F, but it shouldn't do that should it?

LC,

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved yet ( post in the "hexhead" section for R1200RT q's ), but the screen darkening is from lengthy exposure to direct sunlight. ie, sitting in the parkinglot with the sun on it DIRECTLY for 30 mins plus. Once the bike is moved ( or ridden ), the screen cools of and the LCD's regain composure.

thumbsup.gif

Also, think about - the clear lense on the instrument panel basically acts like a magnifying glass for the light from the sun, REALLY heating up the LCD screen, even in 88 degrees!

Crazy_Canuck

Ok I dont feel so bad now. So I can say that even though this condition occurs I am not ruining my LCD leaving it parked out in the sun...right? crazy.gif

Archived