IGNORED

Name That Part

rbmw

Heres a mystery for someone with a R1100RT parts cat. or someone who has an impressive knowledge of the bike. I have a part from my 96 that I discovered on the garage floor as I was disassembling my bike to get to my clutch. I did not see where the part came from. Can you help me identify it?

small round hard black rubber dime sized disk with hole in the middle for a shaft. there is a tiny spring that goes around the circumference of the hole to apply pressure to the shaft when in place. Identification #'s on disk

BAFUD 1X27 CFW 3 10 - 22- 6

What is it and where does it go???

Thanks

Richard

Bart Anderson

Sounds like the neutral switch seal, p/n 23311340363. The description from the fiche is "shaft seal (10X22X6)." Note how the dimensions from the fiche match the markings on the part. The seal goes into the neutral switch housing.

Sounds like the neutral switch seal, p/n 23311340363. The description from the fiche is "shaft seal (10X22X6)." Note how the dimensions from the fiche match the markings on the part. The seal goes into the neutral switch housing.

Bart I think you get the prize. As it turns out My father from whom I bought the bike had ppurchased a new neutral switch but had never put it on the bike. I had the part out looking at it and he must have also had a replacement seal in the bag that dropped out onto the floor without me noticing.

thanks a bunch

Archived