IGNORED

Will A K1200RS Wheel Fit My '02 R1150 RT-P

dmanstan

After an unfortunate run-in with a MONSTER pot hole on a Bay Area freeway, I found myself in need of a new set of wheels for my RTP. Still in shock from the experience, I had the BMW dealer replace the front wheel. OUCH! Neither he nor I noticed that the back wheel was bent as well. Can't afford to go the dealer route again, so I been looking on ebay and used parts sites. Seems that R1150 RT wheels are some what scarce but I've found several K1200RS/LT wheels that are also 17" X 5". Will these wheels fit on my RT? Also, can my/any bent wheel be straightened?

After an unfortunate run-in with a MONSTER pot hole on a Bay Area freeway, I found myself in need of a new set of wheels for my RTP. Still in shock from the experience, I had the BMW dealer replace the front wheel. OUCH! Neither he nor I noticed that the back wheel was bent as well. Can't afford to go the dealer route again, so I been looking on ebay and used parts sites. Seems that R1150 RT wheels are some what scarce but I've found several K1200RS/LT wheels that are also 17" X 5". Will these wheels fit on my RT? Also, can my/any bent wheel be straightened?

Stan,

No, the K1200RS wheel fits the R1100RT NOT the R1150RT. Your rear wheel has the brake disc mounted to the wheel but on the K1200RS (and R1100RT) the rear rotor is mounted to the final drive. Mike at Beemerboneyard is a GREAT source but there are

wheel repair facilities up in your area too. I'll post one if I can find it.

Mick

Tucson

Tim Bond at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/WireWheels/

is another reliable source of wheel repair.

UPDATE: I've heard good things about this guy down south:

David Moore Wheel Service 2226 Gladys Rosemead, CA 91770 (818)280-9815

Someone in the past recommended this company but they are back east:

http://www.mindspring.com/%7Ewheelbendermender/wheelbender01.htm#home

the K1200RS wheel fits the R1100RT

Mick

Tucson

Thanks! I have a feeling that I will need this information at some point. ooo.gifeek.gif

OP: Sry to hear about your runin w/ the monster pothole--good luck!

Archived