IGNORED

Cell Phone w/Autocom

RToth

I just purchased the Kit200 from Autocom and was wondering if anyone knows of any phones that will actually ring in a headset/earphone. I use Verizon Wireless as a provider. As it is now I really don't know when a call is coming in even with the auto-answer function set. Thank You.

Hello:

It's my understanding that some phones support the headphone ringing and others do not. You might go through your menu options on the phone and see if the option you are looking for is available.

RD

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm trying to find out, which phones in particular support ringing. My present phone doesn't ring and before I go into another 2yr contract with the provider I'm trying to find a phone that does.

I have the Motorola Razr phone with the the HF820 bluetooth receiver / transmitter. It supports this ringing feature. I'd recommend it.

RD

I went through the same thing recently and here's what I did...

Go to the store selling the phones. Ask them to plug a headset into a phone you're interested in. Then have them call the phone. If the phone rings in your ear, you're set. If it doesn't, have them double check the settings and try again.

I happen to find one that does ring in my ear, but it does scare me when I'm riding along with the music playing and suddenly.... ring! confused.gif Good thing I have a couple seconds before the phone actually picks up after that so I can compose myself. eek.gif

Jim

I have two Motorola phones that apparently don't support the ring feature (V70 and...can't remember the other), but they "click" when a call is coming in. I actually think I prefer this over the "scary" ring. I guess this doesn't address your question, but rather an opinion. smile.gif

I have an Autocom ProM1. My old Nokia would ring throught the headset. I would set it on autoanswer and I would know the call is coming in. Now I have a LG from Verizon and it wont ring through. I set it to autoanswer. Sometimes I can hear the "click" and say hello, or the caller speaks and I know I got a call.

It must vary with the different models of phone. Next time I buy, I will make sure it will ring through the headset.

Archived