IGNORED

Torrey to Unrally

tgregg

I'm planning on leaving early Sunday morning from Torrey and plan on riding to Wichita Kansas by Sunday night. Anyone have an idea of the mileage and time? I'm slabbing it and I usually average 70mph on this kind of run.

I think there will be some others headed in the same direction, although by varying routes depending on the weather.

I'm sure we can touch base and keep track of all those headed for Eureka Springs to make sure no one has any major problems.

Should be an interesting trip---:)smile.gifsmile.gif

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Greg,

Yahoo! Maps says it's about 960 miles to Wichita. It says to Eureka Springs is about 1300. I was going to aim for someplace that was close to the 650 mark on Sunday, like Oakley, KS (near the intersection of I-70 and US-83). Then ride into Eureka Monday to be ready for the Un on Tuesday. If you're be interested in riding together let me know.

Mark

Thanks, yes it should be a great trip. I was hoping to get to some friends house but although a thousand mile day is no big deal I think I might be trashed. Think I'll stop off to visit on the way home instead.

Where do you all think a good stopping point might be for Sunday night.

I'll take three days. Sunday I visit with friends near Taos NM, Moday mostly I40 to eastern OK, Tuesday to Eureka Springs by way of Talimena Scenic Drive and rt. 23 "pig tail". It better be fun!

SUPER 8 MOTEL - COLBY

1040 Zelfer Avenue

Colby, KS 67701 US

Phone: 785-462-8248 Fax: 785-462-8249

SUPER 8 MOTEL - COLBY

1040 Zelfer Avenue

Colby, KS 67701 US

What do you all think of meeting here?

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
SUPER 8 MOTEL - COLBY

1040 Zelfer Avenue

Colby, KS 67701 US

What do you all think of meeting here?

That looks about right to me. So, this'll be the first stop on the Torry to the Un Rolling Rally?

Mark

rt. 23 "pig tail". It better be fun!

Paul, if you can't have fun on the pig trail it would only be because a slow moving vehicle is in front of you. If you get a clear shot you'll have a blast. grin.gif

Rte 50 connects Grand Junction CO to Wichita and is a GREAT fast road through Colorado. On Sunday, I'm riding my GT from Boulder to Wichita via 287 and 50/400. Wichita by 7pm. I'll have GMRS #2.

Archived