IGNORED

Battery Disposal?

RichEdwards

I just ordered new batteries for the RT and the KLR. Since I'll be installing myself, I'll need to dispose of the old batteries. Will auto supply stores take these the way that the accept used oil?

Firefight911

If they don't, you should be able to find a recycle center.

Us left coast California types have a new law the REQUIRES us to recycle all batteries, right down to that AAA in your MP3. No more trash cans for batteries. thumbsup.gif

I just ordered new batteries for the RT and the KLR. Since I'll be installing myself, I'll need to dispose of the old batteries. Will auto supply stores take these the way that the accept used oil?

Rich,

I replace my Panasonics every 4 years and the local Checker Auto takes all my old ones right along with my recycled oil. No questions asked.

Mick

In Illinois both Jiffy Lube and Sears will take them no charge. I drove past a place here in Ohio this weekend that was advertizing they pay for them....haven't been there when they are open to see how much.

Most auto stores will take them willingly. Why, they often will get paid a few cents to take the battery.

If noone will take it, check with a local car dealer's service dept, you should be able to leave it with them, and if they charge you, it shouldn't be more than a couple bucks. BUT, the free disposal option should easily be accessible.

Archived