IGNORED

07 RT Colors

buzzboy

Grabbed Images from the bike configuration on the German site, the colors don't seem to be up on others yet. They appear to have dropped the Grey seat option -- or it is not listed.

07rtblueblkblkjpgnt4.jpg

07rtblueblksilww8.jpg

07rtsandbeigeblkblkjl8.jpg

07rtsandbeigeblksilsc8.jpg

07rtsilblkblkvb2.jpg

07rtsilblksilif0.jpg

I just can't figure out if I like the Sand Beige or not.

Paul Mihalka
Minor detail - but it looks as if they replaced the saddlebag reflector with a BMW logo.....
The non-USA bikes get the BMW logo and the USA bikes should get the red reflectors - but don't always get it. It is a USA regulation to have amber reflectors on the front and red reflectors on the back, to be seen from the side.
Minor detail - but it looks as if they replaced the saddlebag reflector with a BMW logo.....
The non-USA bikes get the BMW logo and the USA bikes should get the red reflectors - but don't always get it. It is a USA regulation to have amber reflectors on the front and red reflectors on the back, to be seen from the side.

Ah, gotcha. I figured it was something like that but I saw the guy that replied was from Cali....

Anyone replace their reflectors with the emblem?!?

Well.....

As stated elsewhere, the second photo (blue/silver) is a good start on a Wunderlich wannabe.

The last photo looks as if they wanted an all silver scoot, but mis-matched the lowers.

When will they give us a mono-color RT w/o the contrasting lowers?

I see no need to change bikes this year, I guess....unless...hmmmmm..... grin.gif

Replaced the red reflectors with the BMW emblem after the Vermont rally. Got them from Max's I think, $28 for the pair.

Re:colors - glad I have the fast red color. clap.gif

Is that really metallic green?......Hope it looks different in person....Other colors look fine to me...IMHO, of course.....But, no red??....Bikes are bound to be slower in '07.........

Phil.......REDbrick (emphasis on the RED)

Anyone replace their reflectors with the emblem?!?

I have. The reflectors came off after a brief soak with 3M adhesive removal, and the new emblems pressed on after removing a protective film. I thought it was a significant improvement, especially with the contrasting Piedmont red of my RT. The emblems cost about $14 each. While at it, I installed the black protective guards at the bottom of the cases that BMW sells. I can post a picture if anyone doesn't know how these look (and cares).

Jay

I think I remember reading somewhere that the early-build '05s had a few distinguishing features, like the fact that they shipped to the US with the BMW logos on the sidecases.

In addition to the logos, my 01/2005 12RT came with a fender extender, 2 real keys, 2 spares, 2 alarm key fobs, and a horn that scares the bejeezus out of everyone within earshot. It's like early on they hadn't yet differentiated the US and EU models.

My 06 rt is mono color dark graphite.

Custom painted lowers? I'd love to see a pic.

Wes Hsu

'06 R12RT Dark Graphite/black spoiler

Hi,

You might also keep in mind that the Euro colors shown are not necessarily what we will get here.

Case in point,silver has often been available on non US bikes(pre 06 K12GT being the latest)and the closest it came to us was Canada.

JR356

....Case in point,silver has often been available on non US bikes(pre 06 K12GT being the latest)and the closest it came to us was Canada.

JR356

Indeed, like marcopolo's avatar. Marco - any chance of a bigger pic of your all-silver?

Redbrick - er, where's the green one? Is that the sand/coffee/bronze coloured - thingy you're thinking of??

I think on the mono-silver one displayed, the lower panels are a 'photoshop' job, rather than a pic of a real one. Or, I hope so, otherwise I'd sent that mismatch back......!!

....Case in point,silver has often been available on non US bikes(pre 06 K12GT being the latest)and the closest it came to us was Canada.

JR356

My bike is granite grey, with silver lowers, black seats, clear turn signal lenses, and case protectors on the side bags. It's the same colour sold in the U.S. (and everywhere else presumably). I can't post a larger pic right now as my PC is in for warranty repair and all my pics are on the hard drive (I'm on a laptop right now). That said, I posted a pic, or two, on this site just after getting the bike in late April. Interestingly, I went into the dealer showroom intending to buy a bike in dark graphite, but saw the bike on the floor in the colour combo I eventually chose. Shows you what seeing the bike in the flesh does. Also, the dealer I bought from orders all RTs with the clear turn signal lenses, and all with silver lowers, regardless of the body panel colour. Don't know whether they'll continue to do that with the '07s.

Indeed, like marcopolo's avatar. Marco - any chance of a bigger pic of your all-silver?

Redbrick - er, where's the green one? Is that the sand/coffee/bronze coloured - thingy you're thinking of??

I think on the mono-silver one displayed, the lower panels are a 'photoshop' job, rather than a pic of a real one. Or, I hope so, otherwise I'd sent that mismatch back......!!

oooh, I see.........it does indeed look different in different pics .........I still wonder what a genuine all-silver bike would look like....?

Archived