IGNORED

Vstream

drodg

I just rode to Sturgis and back from FL ( 5200 miles round trip ) and the VStream was a life saver. it was super quiet when up and allowed good airflow when down. Highly recommend! thumbsup.gif

I just rode to Sturgis and back from FL ( 5200 miles round trip ) and the VStream was a life saver. it was super quiet when up and allowed good airflow when down. Highly recommend! thumbsup.gif
Uh, hello??? Ride report... My browser must be broken because I'm still not seeing one in that forum. smile.gif

I think the big advantage of the Vstream over my stock or my Cee Bailey is it's ability to great rid of alot of buffeting behind vehicles. I really was suprised, it isn't any quieter than my 2" higher and 1" wider CB but the turbulance is that much better.

I am 5/10 and it isn't perfect but it is much better than the stock windscreen. The price from Bob's BMW is pretty reasonable. I paid quite a bit more for my CB, I in retrospect wish I had bought this to begin with and not a Cee Bailey. The Cee Bailey is better in cold weather but it doesn't seem to reduce turbulance. To me the Vstream is a good permanent windscreen regardless of weather. You still get good airflow in the summer and I would imagine it will be fine in the fall.

Those who have the VStream, do you know how much heavier is it then stock? There were earlier posts about afttrmarket screens on the 12RT that were causing the screen support arms to break.

Do you remember any of the details on the support arms breaking?? I have a Aeroflow and both of mine just broke after about 20,000 miles of use.

Do you remember any of the details on the support arms breaking?? I have a Aeroflow and both of mine just broke after about 20,000 miles of use.

Not really, but there was an entry in this forum, I believe, where the poster talked about the support arm breaking on his R12RT, and his dealer commenting that they had seen a few on bikes with aftermarket windscreens, or something to that effect. It was within the last couple of months I'd say.

Those who have the VStream, do you know how much heavier is it then stock?
Could the weight difference be great enough to break the arms? That seems improbable to me. Maybe the size and shape of the shield pushes more air and therefore creates more stress?

I'd say not. On my Sturgis trip, we got 40 mph crosswinds across the interstate for about 3 hours. We were running 80-85 with the bike leaning into the wind at about 20 degrees, and the windshield and control arms held up. The darn thing was so buggy, I pulled it off the bike to clean when I got home, and there were zero stress marks or cracks at the mounting point to the control arms. Thoroughly impressed with this product

A+ thumbsup.gif

Archived