IGNORED

The Devil's in the Details

Jake

OK, whadda ya say that we brainstorm a bit and wrap up some details? Let's keep the chat here instead of e-mails so we're all aware of everything.

Dinners

With registration suggesting that we'll have 110 members in attendence, I think erring toward a number of 125 might be a good target. With that in mind we should contact our food folks and see what they can do for us. Knappy, this is all you. Smile and dial and report in - we'll all kick in with the feedback.

Breakfasts

I am contacting the sponsors to see if they can make good on their pledges which were pledged in the last millenium. If they renege, then they at least got some good press on the UnSite! We'll have enough vehicles to ferry food from the WalMart in Berryville for the breakfasts. Eebie, Me, and Stevie are all on 4 wheels for this one. Go Chi-Town. Big Enduring Love.

Coffee

We'll want/need 24 hour-coffee service. I want more flexibility than relying on the restaurant at the Iron Horse brings, so I'll call around for rentals. David, if your roaster can come up with a 10 lb bag of ground special blend, that's enough incentive for me to man the maker.

PA System

DB is going to be our Emcee, and he deserves to be heard from afar (does the guy ever raise his voice?). That's why Jake is packing up that 1970's stereo receiver he's been keeping all these years - the one with the microphone input. My wife cannot believe that I feel vindicated for dragging that thing around with us. I'ts all part of the Grand Plan. Sony Microphone? $9 at Circuit City - worked like a champ in the test run tonight. "Hey there good-lookin', we'll be back to pick you up later!" Bring CD's.

Registration

Big Yehaa - what do you need? Name it. We need lots of singles (money that is), registration disclaimers (do we still have the lingo?), and a way to mark people paid up for food. Should I run off a batch of name tags? We have the names, so it'd be cake.

Firewood

Who wants to vounteer to be firewood chairperson? I see Sir Rodney is coming, that means hANNAbONE mustn't be far behind. I see the glow on his crooning mug now.

What else?

Yeeha! Stephen

Registration

Big Yehaa - what do you need?

All I really need is a list of names of the registered. Alpha order... First name first, or Last name first, or by Handle, but please only one list this time. The double list last year was confusing.

I brought $200 in ones last year and used most of them. I'm gonna try $300 this year. I still have $120 left from Gunny that nobody wanted to take possession of... So I kept it safe and will use that as a good start for this time.

I've still got plenty of pens and such, so no needs there.

Coffee--I'll be glad to bring it.

Routes--Emerson did the last route, and I'm still typing away. My scanner went kaput last night, so I couldn't finish that part. But give me another day or two and I'll figure something out. I am so pumped thinking back over these routes. smile.gif

Coffee

We'll want/need 24 hour-coffee service. I want more flexibility than relying on the restaurant at the Iron Horse brings, so I'll call around for rentals. David, if your roaster can come up with a 10 lb bag of ground special blend, that's enough incentive for me to man the maker.

FWIW, I called a local Rental place, $10/day for a 30 cup unit, $15/day for a 50 cup unit. Weekly rentals are 3x that price. We'll be gone 10 days ourselves. So $60 per for the 30-cup jobs. frown.gif

Bentonville has the closest rental down there.

Honestly, I'm tempted to stop by the local discount store, or whatnot, and buy two or three West Bend 30 cup units for $20 per and still come out ahead of the rental price. Pass em out as door prizes or something! smile.gif

I asked Murrayg if he had a fav local rental place. He asked if we needed tables/chairs...hmm...

Fill me in, does the Iron Horse have what we need to serve up 100 people worth of food?

Fill me in, does the Iron Horse have what we need to serve up 100 people worth of food?

I don't know for sure, but I'd be shocked if they did. The entire restaurant seats, maybe, 25 people? It's sloppy, dirty, and kind of low class. Obviously I won't say that anywhere but here, but I figured you wanted candor. There is a deck out back that might seat another 35 or so. Just guessing.

David,

According to IH, they regularly serve food for groups larger than ours. David, I don't know how to address the class issue. We're camping and hanging out at a biker joint. We bring the class. Yeah it ain't the four seasons, ok it ain't motel 6 either, but after we ride a few hundred miles we are kind of sloppy and dirty too. The Un isn't about the place it's about hang'n out and riding about. Now go clean up your room, young man. grin.gif

It's really hard to plan an event for a place you've never been.

This has all been discussed with IH in the past right? They know we plan to bring our own food to their place? Who should I talk to there?

The IH is the kind of place where they give you the keys to the castle, and say "go have fun and try not to kill yourself". They entertain keggers with moto-dudes on a regular basis. There's a reason it's outside of town! They won't mind a whit that we're bringing our own food. The restaurant is a separate business altogether - not owned by the IH.

I'll send you some pics tonight so you can see the layout. There's a few tables and chairs, but most of the real seating will be attached to our own motorcycles, therefore pizza plates on laps will be the order of the evening. I think that'll work out just fine though - Gunny wasn't really much different in that regard. cool.gif

Archived