IGNORED

Sidi Boot Sizing

SiamJim

I'm looking to order my first pair of Sidi boots - Discovery - and I was wondering if they typically run true to size?

I've got to have them shipped overseas so returning them is a long and expensive process if I get it wrong.

ShovelStrokeEd

I take the same size boot in Sidi, Oxtar, BMW and Alpinstars. A 45, if that matters. I did find the Sidi to be a little low in the arch but for width and length, they were fine.

Paul Mihalka

I found that Sidi and most other European boots run true to European sizing, but the conversion tables to US sizes are way out. A 45 is a US 11, 44 is 10 1/2, but the tables say something else.

bakerzdosen
Thanks for the replies guys.

So, if I trust the conversion table on the SIDI website I should be OK?

Yes - with one exception. The Sidi On Road boot tends to run a big large. I wear a 45 in everything except this boot. The 45 was too big (and the 44 is perfect unless I have really thick socks on.)

I have a pair of Vertabrae's. I find them a bit narrow, enough to force my little toes inward, and quite uncomfortable walking anywhere like that. I used the US sizing at motonation.com. YMMV of course with a different style.

How about narrow sizes? My feet need a narrower(B) last rather than a (D) last that seems to be the usual sizing for these boots.

Wouldn't know, best to talk to someone in the biz. I have a contact at Motonation ( no affiliation, just a satisfied customer ), please PM me if you'd like it. sb

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
How about narrow sizes? My feet need a narrower(B) last rather than a (D) last that seems to be the usual sizing for these boots.
Me too Francis. The boot that I found to fit was the BMW Goretex boot. It can be resoled with a vibram sole and has lasted me 6+ years.

Archived