IGNORED

A stange thing happened on the way home from the Rally

pbbeck

I had a great time at my first-ever Rally in Burlington. I'm still on the road home - currently in Gillette, WY. I hope to be in Long Beach in two days, though for me that's a tall order.

Here are some pictures from my ride.

Road Trip Web Log

welcome to Gillette! lmao.gif Good to see you got out of here with out a deer strike! thumbsup.gif

Thanks! I enjoyed my visit to Gillette, but the varmints on the highway really freaked me out! Are bike-vs-deer accidents common up in that area? Down here in So Cal, we just have to watch out for pedestrians running out in to the street.

The landscape of Wyoming really made a strong impression on me. You've got some great roads up there. I particularly enjoyed cruising down WY-220 - a real treat for a city boy used to congested traffic.

wy220.jpg

Hey... while I'm at it, here is a sampler of cool roads I experienced this summer.

road1.jpg

road2.jpg

road3.jpg

road4.jpg

road5.jpg

road6.jpg

road7.jpg

road8.jpg

road9.jpg

road10.jpg

road11.jpg

[quote I enjoyed my visit to Gillette, but the varmints on the highway really freaked me out! Are bike-vs-deer accidents common up in that area?

Yep! Most will not ride between dusk to dawn up here! But, If I have to dispatch at work on days I'm on the bike at 4:00am. That is why I have all the lights on my bike. grin.gif I need to see the big out doors up here in the dark! I will ride to work up tell the time change thing in October, dark coming and going. bncry.gif

Archived