IGNORED

power supply 5 volt feeding a 6 volt radio

randy

my Ique 3600 runs at 5 volt, my old Roady 2 at 6 volt. Will I do harm to my roady 2 if i just use the Ique 3600 power supply, i.e instead of two on my bike I was hoping to just have one.

It's not likely that you would harm it at all, but as I remember my Roady wasn't very happy when I tried to operate it at 5 volts... it needed pretty close to 6 in order to operate properly. But if the device does work at 5 volts then you are probably OK in using the lower voltage.

ok, so how about running my ique 3600, (which says 5 volt on the AC charger) using my 6 volt roady charger??
Well, in that case I would think that there might be a small chance that you could damage the ique... probably not likely, but possible. Is your ique still within warranty? wink.gif

If you want to try also make sure that the current (amperage) capacity of the power supply is adequate to power both units. That will also probably be OK though, especially if your ique battery is fully charged.

It was just an idea. I am selling my Ique 3600 and buying the 2730. The Ique rocks, it has been awesome since the day I bought it, but the combination of GPS and XM in one unit is to much temptation for me, got to have one. so no voltage experimenting is going on.

Archived