IGNORED

Aerostich Roadcrafterowners ( fit question)

TracerBullet

TracerBullet

I just bought a new roadcrafter. What a great piece of equipment.

After fit guidelines and having it made for me; it finally arrived.

Everything fits great but I can only raise my arms slightly above my head before the crotch is touching my groin. If my arms are completely raised above my head it is pulling in my groin. (read slightly uncomfortable)

Aerostich says that the amount of arm raising that I describe is correct for accurate fit. (so there is not too much bunching of material while on the bike)

What are your thoughts? Is their description accurate based on your experiences or should I send it back again.

It is not uncomfortable on the bike or walking.

Just weird having something that close in my groin

How do yours fit?

Sounds about right to me. In 3 years with my one-piece 'Stich, I can never remember raising my arm above my head while wearing my suit. Why would you want to do this?

How does the suit fit while riding?

How much clothing are you wearing underneath the Roadcrafter? You might try adding a couple light layers, like a button down long sleeved shirt and a Gerbing jacket or light fleece. Then see if you have enough room in the crotch when sitting on the bike or walking. If that works ok then I'd say you have the right fit. I get the crotch crunch too if I raise my arms as high as I can. It's not a problem while on the bike.

They're exactly right. If you can raise your hands over your head comfortably, you'll be sitting on bunched-up cordura while riding. Icky.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

The fit is correct as described. What will happen over time of wearing it and washing it on occasion is that the fabric softens slightly so to make your movements more comfortable.

Archived