IGNORED

Custom Sargent Seat!

NewtomeR850R

NewtomeR850R

Sent both of the seats for the bike to Sargent for the "Premium Foam upgrade" and new upholstery (sp?). Great price as well. But the on problem is I CANT RIDE FOR 3-4 WEEKS! frown.gif Haha, but It'll be great when it comes.

duckbubbles

HI, New-

Sent the seat off my R12ST to Sargent two weeks ago. They said they'd start on it last Monday (7-10). Maybe I'll get mine back before you! I have Sargent's on my two other bikes and like them very much, so the decision as to which company will re-do this seat wasn't too difficult.

Frank

Got my Sargent last week. Took a 600 mi. weekender, & couldn't be happier. It was a rock for the first 100 or so miles,but then I felt it start to work in. By the end of the ride,it felt great.

Now I'm anxious to do my first SS1000. BTW,the Wife loves her seat as well. thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Huzband, how long did it take you to get your seat back from them?

Since I live in Jax,where Sargent is,I started working with Rudy at thier shop when I placed the order. From the time of determining the custom contours I needed till a trial run,(finished foam on base,no upholstery,went for a test ride)was two weeks. After the test,it was only two days for them to complete the seat.

BTW,there was no additional charge,I suppose because the customizing was determined before the seat was built.

NewtomeR850R

Wow, well I two-dayed it to them and I want to upgrade my shipping from them, so hopefully that may speed it up the shipping process a bit. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the bike its only been three days and it feels like forever haha.

P.S. Rudy is awesome, very helpful and willing to answer all your questions.

I'm still fairly new to my BMW but I did have sense to find a "comfort" seat vs. the original '99 seat. While I've put beads on it, I still see a real potential for monkey butt on long days.

I'm used to comfortable touring seats looking like tractor seats. The custom seats available for my RT look about as wide/comfortable as my "comfort" seat.

Can someone enlighten me as to how these seats might help my wide ass?

Tks,

Bob

NewtomeR850R

very nice, the color match looks smokin! I got the carbon fx on top with black welts, and the black matte/smooth vinyl type material on the bottom portion. Also got the bmw M logo on the drivers seat.

Archived