IGNORED

Don't put off that dream ride.

Lawman

I hope ya'll won't mind this post from the the GW discussion board but I thought it appropriate to post here. Ron Melton worked for a railroad company and was killed in a tragic work accident July 7,2006 after being struck by a rail car. He had just finished his dream ride to Alaska on the best bike for such a journey. In tribute to Ron...Enjoy...

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59885

AdventurePoser

"Life is what happens when you are busy making plans."

John Lennon

What a shame. My condolences to his family.

Steve in So Cal

How true for us all;

I am so glad he did his dream ride before life unfortunatately threw the poor guy a curve ball.

As a blue collar worker myself I know that to take the time off and spend the money he had spent on his "dream ride "was a hardship. But somehow he felt the calling to do it regardlerss. PRICELESS!!

Some of us risk our necks everyday for a few bucks and that is what we accept, we know that our jobs are hazardous but we try to keep the risk to a minimum and hope we never become a victim, but the risk is there nonetheless.

Lawman you can appreciate this I am sure, I always respect what you folks do and the risk you accept everyday on the job, as a citizen I say thanks.

As someone who has been to Hyder Alaska I know the magic of the place and the memory lasts a long long time.

Great pictures, sounds like a fellow I would've loved to meet. How sad!

My condolences to the family.

Bob

Archived