IGNORED

Scenes "From the Road" - More UN V Pics.

Ken H.

Great pics, Thanks for sharing them. I'm looking forward to getting out to the next UN.

Is that a Corbin heated seat on your GS? How do you like it, I have one for my GS when it shows up.

Thad

No, not tired AT ALL!! Great shots! clap.gif

I wish I had gotten more pics of the actual riding parts, but Les and I both have our hands full. I LOVE it that we have some great tail-gunners (pillion photographers) to document the on the road stuff! Thank you Donna and Ken!! thumbsup.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I like these the best:

80799132-M.jpg

77120450-M.jpg

77120454-M.jpg

Many of your images have a pair of light colored circular rings down the center...what do you suppose causes this?

80799165-M.jpg

Nice to meet the both of you. Thanks for the photos! smile.gif

russell_bynum

The one thing I miss about having Lisa on the back of the bike, is the in-flight photos.

Well done, Donna!

Many of your images have a pair of light colored circular rings down the center...what do you suppose causes this?
Donna's aura? wink.gif

I wish someone could tell me. We've been plagued by that with this Cannon Digital SLR Rebel sense day-one. With any lenses.

[rant]And the darn thing broke AGAIN on the last day of the UN trip. Just back from repair. We've never been so disappointed in a product as that thing. [/rant]

Glad you like the pictures though!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

I do love the shots from the bike. I took quite a few of those myself as Joel and I experienced SW Colorado.

It was great meeting you and Donna and I hope we have the opportunity to visit again sometime soon.

Take care, be well and ride safely.

...I wish someone could tell me. We've been plagued by that with this Cannon Digital SLR Rebel sense day-one. With any lenses.

[rant]And the darn thing broke AGAIN on the last day of the UN trip. Just back from repair. We've never been so disappointed in a product as that thing. [/rant]

Looks like some kind of stray internal reflection in the camera body since you say its independent of the lens used. Post your photo and question on this discusssion board:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/2

Im sure someone there will provide a difinitive answer.

Sorry to here about all your troubles with the camera. You must have got a bad one. Canon is arguably one of the best camera makers around, you shouldn't be having those problems. No affiliation with Canon either, just that I own a 20D and several "L" lenses and have never had a single issue or problem to speak of.

DR

Nice, Donna and Ken! It was great to meet you, wish I could have spent more time with the group...

I bought a Nikon CoolPix 4.0 two years ago and have had similar frustrations with it. I've sent it back to the factory twice for repairs because it took "fuzzy" pictures, both times they said nothing was wrong with it. Then I dropped it on the road while bicycling one day and it's been fine since! Seriously! I don't recommend this treatment, though. It takes fantastic photos for a teeny weeny 1/2 in lens, but photo quality suffers dramatically if you use the zoom. I just got a new Canon 6.0 mp camera at work Friday, I'll compare the two. It's so new I can't even remember the model, but it came highly recommended.

Here are a couple contributions from my UnRally trip, still haven't posted a ride report!

77913020-M.jpg

The nice people of Colorado named a mountain pass after me!

79089151-M.jpg

Helluva crown to the road in Ouray!

79090347-M.jpg

And my back yard Thursday night, just had to get out for a ride that evening. This is up in the Wind River Mountains about 15 miles from my house.

81627358-M.jpg

The last one was a tough shot, aimed obliquely at the sun, dark shadows and bright water. I think the teeny weeny Nikon did a pretty good job!

And without the bike (I get a lot of grief for cluttering up God's handiwork with my machinery tongue.gifgrin.gif).

81627370-M.jpg

Doug

Doug, great pic of you at Douglas pass. Well done to the official photographer, whoever he may be!

The last one was a tough shot, aimed obliquely at the sun, dark shadows and bright water. I think the teeny weeny Nikon did a pretty good job!

That's definitely a "keeper", Doug. Great shot!

Ken and Donna, do you suppose those squirrels get tips for posing? smile.gif There were like 3 or four of them up on the railing when we were there!

Thanks all for the pix. thumbsup.gif

Doug, great pic of you at Douglas pass. Well done to the official photographer, whoever he may be!

Yeah, those Canadians are just all-around good folks. Thanks, Mark!

Here's another shot from Douglas Pass, the nastiest cattleguard I've ever seen. Apparently the snowplows hit it and tear it up, pretty nasty if you hit it wrong on the motorcycle.

79089159-M.jpg

Doug

Here's another shot from Douglas Pass, the nastiest cattleguard I've ever seen. Apparently the snowplows hit it and tear it up, pretty nasty if you hit it wrong on the motorcycle.

Doug

Ouch!!! That hurts just looking at it! eek.gif

Lone_RT_rider

79089159-M.jpg

Ok, maybe I just understand cattle all that well but what is to keep the wandering hunk of beef from just going around that thing?

Shawn

Ok, maybe I just understand cattle all that well but what is to keep the wandering hunk of beef from just going around that thing?
Looks to me like there is barbed wire fence on the other side of it going up the hill. Can't see the wire but the posts are there.

Archived