IGNORED

Took MSF Basic Rider Course this weekend!!

imeyers

This weekend I took the 18 hour MSF Basic Rider Course. I have been riding for a few years now and after taking it, I think every rider should. It is not that I could not do what they taught, it is just that now I can do it better. There would probably be less accidents if everyone took this class. I am also signed up to take the Advanced Rider Course in which you use you own bike. The emphasis for both courses is learning smoothness and control. As my instructor said, anyone can ride a bike but not many can really control it. Try doing a figure 8 in a very small area on an RT, try weaving through cones with 1 hand on the bars. If you can't you need this course. There was a guy there on an LT for the advanced rider course and I could not believe how he learned to handle that thing at slow speeds. I would have a tough time doind that stuff on my 250 Nighthawk. I thought I knew a lot about handling a motorcycle and this course shows how little you really know.

Francois_Dumas

Good on you ! thumbsup.gif

(In THIS country you're not even allowed to ride a bike on public roads UNTIL it is verified you can do those things eek.gif ).

motorman587

In 2008 this will be a requirment for all first time motorcycle license, to take a MSF, BRC course, if you want you motorcycle license in Florida.

Cool!

I re-took the both of them about two years ago, well worth the weekends. Always worth refreshing the basics IMHO.

In the ARC there was a guy on a large HD touring something or another that was so bored - Riding around nailing each exercise perfectly; all while smoking a cigarette, drinking a coke, and tuning his radio. You quickly grew to hate him! wink.gif All goes to show you it's not the bike.

In 2008 this will be a requirment for all first time motorcycle license, to take a MSF, BRC course, if you want you motorcycle license in Florida.

that's good news for us down here. originally got my permit then took the msf course. glad i did.

Excellent, Motorman! I hope they make that a requirement here in Louisiana someday too.

Yay ! Progress !! thumbsup.gif

Now, if they would start revoking the license of the idiot cagers that say "I didn't see him." THAT would be real progress! thumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas
Yay ! Progress !! thumbsup.gif

Now, if they would start revoking the license of the idiot cagers that say "I didn't see him." THAT would be real progress! thumbsup.gif

Even in MY neck of the woods that would be considered progress thumbsup.gifwink.gif

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST MONEY I HAVE EVER SPENT!!!!!! I REPLAY THAT CLASS WHILE I AM RIDING AND IT HAS BEEN TWO YEARS. GREAT INSTRUCTORS, INFORMATION THAT WOULD NEVER OCCUR TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ONLY DRIVEN A CAR ON THE STREET.

I CAN'T PRAISE THAT EXPERIENCE ENOUGH.

Best money I ever spent in my life. Can't recommend it enough, regardless of how long someone has ridden on the street. There is always more to learn, that is why I love this forum so much.

Good for you!

I took the MSF course last September. Prior to that weekend, I had never operated a motorcycle.

I feel so fortunate that my "riding career" began with such a solid foundation. I look forward to taking the MSF ERC (experienced rider course) once I have more miles under my belt.

This board and the MSF course have been so valuable to me as a new rider.

Take care, be well and ride safely.

Archived