IGNORED

Along a River

sfarson

Which river is that?????

Very well done...

never mind I think I found it.....one of the buildings said South Platte on it.....north end of Pike National Park

Thanks

Whip

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

I aspire to have videos like you do Steve! The earlier river shots, with the kids and inner tubes, looked like the Sphinx Park area. Well done sir! thumbsup.gif

The magic ingredients: Running water, trees, and mountains. You've got them all plus a great road to ride and a perfect soundtrack. Bravo! clap.gif

Beautifully done, Steve. If anyone ever wondered what a GS is for, you've captured part of it in wonderfully peacful tones.

russell_bynum

You bastard!!! smile.gif

I've had that song in my back pocket for ages but haven't had any footage that was worthy yet....and now you've beaten me to it. dopeslap.gif

Superbly done. Excellent footage, great edits, and a perfect soundtrack. Bravo!

Which river is that?????

Very well done...

never mind I think I found it.....one of the buildings said South Platte on it.....north end of Pike National Park

Thanks

Whip

Whip... looked in my map archive and forgot I had a map supporting the location of the video. The recording starts just north of Deckers on 67 and follows the Middle Fork of the South Platte going north until the confluence with the North Fork of the South Platte. Vid pauses at this confluence and when I turn my head to the right... thus the start of the South Platte. And you're right... at the confluence is the historic South Platte Hotel where the narrow gauge train would drop off visitors to the mountains. Next stop would be Dome Rock also in the video, then the resort cabin community of Ferndale.

soplatte.jpg

I aspire to have videos like you do Steve! The earlier river shots, with the kids and inner tubes, looked like the Sphinx Park area. Well done sir! thumbsup.gif

Thanks much Steve, and good guess on the Sphinx Park area with the rocks and water. It is very close, just a few miles to the right from where the video ends. Boy, after your recent visit to CO and the images of where you went, you know this region and place very well!

You bastard!!! smile.gif

I've had that song in my back pocket for ages but haven't had any footage that was worthy yet....and now you've beaten me to it. dopeslap.gif

Superbly done. Excellent footage, great edits, and a perfect soundtrack. Bravo!

Thanks Russell... despite the endearing name you called me. smile.gif Sorry about the pre-emptive strike with the tune smile.gif. So you know this song! I first heard it when watching the movie "Fly Away Home" with the kids, a somewhat true story of a father and daughter leading orphoned Canadian Geese to the Virginia area via an ultralight aircraft for the winter. This song appears toward the end of the movie and it is simply a very beautiful song. I looked for the track but it didn't appear on a Mary Chapin Carpenter release nor was there a movie soundtrack release. Though I could be wrong. Anyway, found it about a year ago at Napster in a Mary Chapin Carpenter's greatest hits release. And been sitting on it ever since until I thought this could be the place for it to join a video. Sorry again. wink.gif

Oh, everyone... "10,000 Miles" - Mary Chapin Carpenter

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
Thanks much Steve, and good guess on the Sphinx Park area with the rocks and water. It is very close, just a few miles to the right from where the video ends. Boy, after your recent visit to CO and the images of where you went, you know this region and place very well!

Oh, I wish that were the case. In fact, I lived in the western suburbs of Denver through high school and attended UNC in Greeley. Val and I got married in Golden and spent our first night thereafter at a B&B near Sphinx Park. We also enjoyed the Bucksnort Saloon there.

After that we went down to Telluride for a week, rented a jeep and drove over Imogene Pass...hmmm, I wonder if I could do that on my RTGS? grin.gif

russell_bynum

I first heard it when watching the movie "Fly Away Home" with the kids, a somewhat true story of a father and daughter leading orphoned Canadian Geese to the Virginia area via an ultralight aircraft for the winter. This song appears toward the end of the movie and it is simply a very beautiful song. I looked for the track but it didn't appear on a Mary Chapin Carpenter release nor was there a movie soundtrack release. Though I could be wrong. Anyway, found it about a year ago at Napster in a Mary Chapin Carpenter's greatest hits release. And been sitting on it ever since until I thought this could be the place for it to join a video.

Yep, same here. I heard it first in the movie, searched for it and couldn't find it anywhere, then it turned up all of the sudden on Napster or something like that.

It's perfect for the video you used. Very well done!

Oh, I wish that were the case. In fact, I lived in the western suburbs of Denver through high school and attended UNC in Greeley. Val and I got married in Golden and spent our first night thereafter at a B&B near Sphinx Park. We also enjoyed the Bucksnort Saloon there.

After that we went down to Telluride for a week, rented a jeep and drove over Imogene Pass...hmmm, I wonder if I could do that on my RTGS? grin.gif

How about that. Went past the Bucksnort last week. You probably saw the wintertime video ride to there: To Sphinx Park - Streaming Video

And then last weekend was in Telluride! I'm always impressed when there. Knowing where you take the RTGT and how well you do so, send me the pics of Imogene when you do it!

BTW, found in my maps folder a satellite image of the Sphinx Park area. Where the Buffalo Creek Depot is -- this is where this "Along the River" video concludes.

spflash.jpg

Archived